Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Gaining weight. Is that a problem?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:36 AM
  • 8 Replies

My dr has really been on me about gaining weight because i have not really gained i am losing weight, but at 28 weeks she told me that she weighted 4 lb already! So what is the big deal, if she is growing fine then why must i pack on so much weight? Heck the reason that i cant gain it is because she is getting it all, lol. I eat a lot but i do try to watch what i eat because my blood pressure sky rockets all the time. Anybody not gaining weight?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
logiemommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:09 AM

I'm 30 weeks and I've lost 20 pounds so far thru this pregnancy , and not gained a single pound. My son is measuring slightly bigger and is happy in there. My doctors aren't concerned about my not gainingweight at all. I feel that Wed. when I go to my apt. I may have packed on some pounds. I have gotten even more hungrier now then I have ever have been.lol!

good luck momma, and as long as ur baby is happy and healthy, I wouldn't worry about ur lack of weight gain personally.

MalachisMommy06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:58 AM
i only gained 6lbs my whole pregnancy and my daughter was born 8lbs 1oz so i wouldnt worry to much about ur weight gain just because ur not gaining doesnt mean baby aint.
Brokensurvivor
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:05 AM

my last pregnancy i gained 12 pounds!
He was 8lbs 14 oz.
ended up 38 pounds lighter asfter pregnancy Now im at my pre pregnancy weight with my first :)
hes healthy and happy and Momma likes her new body!!

punching         toddler boy        breastfeeding

Mommy And Daddy!            Clayton Gwyer             Abel James

April 7th 2007                   July 2nd 2007            July 18th 2009    

rockinmomto2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 6:06 AM

As long as there's nothing wrong with you or the baby, you're fine. You're probably just eating healthier than you would otherwise. As long as your not losing a considerable amount of weight, you should be fine! 

AngelaMunn82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Your baby's a thief, what your not able to give him or her through your food, s/he will take from your storage, (example) bone, fat, and muscle. If for some reason your not eating enough.

As long as your taking a good prenatal vitamin, I wouldn't worry too much.

With my first born, I only gained 15 pounds and he weighed 7lb 11oz at birth.

<3 Angela

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
rachelmm007
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM

i would just ignore your doc....from beginning to the day after delivery i had lost a total of 30lbs! and my baby was 8lbs at birth! you are doing all the right things momma keep it up!

Donna1975
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 7:23 AM

my dr told me that gaining up to 15lbs was good for me b/c im overwt but from ur pic u don't look over wt....my friend had the same prob and she ate one or two baked potatoes before she went to bed and ate more ice cream hope this helps and good luck!

tnm786
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 7:38 AM

hey there. this is my 3rd pregnancy and when i went to my 14 week checkup i hadn't gained a single pound, but the baby was right on target as far as size is concerned, and the doctor did not tell me to eat more or change anything in my diet. i haven't been back yet but i'm going on monday (4 weeks from last time) and i feel that i have gained a few more pounds, but i'll be 19 weeks and still wearing my pre-pregnant clothes. i think as long as the baby is gaining weight and youre taking your vitamins and such, you both should be fine.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)