Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High Risk Pregnancy Moms

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:18 AM
  • 45 Replies

shake hand

Are you going through a high risk pregnancy?  Share a little about yourself and your story here.  This is a great place to connect with other moms going through the same thing!

Make sure to send a friend invite to those moms you want to get to know a little more after reading their stories!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
singlemotherkim
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 6:56 PM

hi,my name is kim.i am currently 32 weeks and 4 days pregnant.i have 2 children so far.my daughter was born 7 weeks early and has alot of medical problems.my son was born ull term with no problems at all.as of right now i am getting weekly progestin shots to ensure i carry the baby to full term.but all they seem to do is make me hurt worse than i ever have before.eel free to contact me and chat me up.

Armywife6
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 7:05 PM

I'm high risk for a medical reason I had prior to  becoming pregnant. I have seizures. I'm 10w4d & I've already had 5 u/s #6 on Thursday. 2 of those were because I was spotting with cramps & they had to make sure the baby was ok. Between 18 & 20 weeks I have to get a level 2 u/s done because the medicine I'm on can cause birth defects. I've heard everything from a cleft palat to heart defects could be the result. I'm just trying to keep my head up & rememeber I'm not the 1st or the last person to be on this medicine & pregnant. I also have hyper emesis. I finally got 8 mg of Zofran & it is now managable. I have 1 son who is 16 months & will be 23 months when his brother or sister is born. Feel free to hit me up.

expecting baby toddler boy ~~~ The kind of woman who doesn't have to defend my views, & or parenting style~~

mama23almost4
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Hi everyone i am a mom i have 2 boys and 1 girl. I am rh- and also rh sensitized with my last child he became severely anemic and we almost lost him. The dr.s preformed 4 intrauterine blood transfusions threw the umbilical cord before he was born. I won't know if the baby i am carring now will also be affected by this until i am 19 weeks. I guess i can be hopeful since i have a 50 50 chance. If the re is anyone out there that is going threw or has gone threw the same thing it would be really nice to talk.

you rock

shellszee
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 11:08 PM

i gained weight after my second and havent lost any... just gained and I was pre hypertension but all the  focus is on gestational diabetes now which I have developed.

CANDYLC
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 7:38 AM

Hello my name is Candice. I am 29 and pregnant with my 10th pregnancy. I have 5 living children and have had one baby born at 26 weeks he only lived for 15 minutes. And another stillborn at 16 weeks. I have had 2 m/c.

I am high risk because my water breaks early and I have preterm labor. And I have had 2 plecental abruptions. All of my babies have been born before 35 weeks except my 9 year old he was the only child I carried full term

TruePuppyLove
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 7:47 AM

Well, I may or may not belong here, but I will say hello and tell a little of my story. Right now my doctor does not consider me "high risk" and hopefully it stays that way, but I do have a few things working against me. I definitely need to send a PM to the other Rh- poster for advice.

So, I am 37 years old and pregnant with my 1st baby. I am due Jan 15h 2010. I am also Rh-. Right now my doctor only considers me to be "of advanced maternal age" and not "high risk". I guess because I am 37,and will turn 38 just a couple weeks after the baby is born. So far my test results have been good. I am a little over 17 weeks right now. But they are worried about my being Rh-. Hubby was tested and he is Rh+, so they plan to give me the Rhogam shot at 28weeks and after delivery.

Anyway, I worry about everything, so I kind of feel high risk. Feel free to PM me is you want to chat.

CafeMom Tickers
mzcinn
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 1:19 PM

Hi, Im Marti. Im high risk becuz: 1) ive had 2 missed misscarriages and 2 spontaneous miscarriages 2) Im 37yrs old and will b 38 atleat 3 1/2 months before im due 3) im carrying twins 4) I have a 2 cm hematoma at the top of my uterus right above the babies 5) This is my 10th pregnancy and hopefully the 5th sucessful and def the last pregnancy. Im also on bedrest and have been for the past 6 weeks and Im bipolar and cant take any medicine, that doesnt make me high risk just high crazy

*~*~Cinnamon B*~*~

MillsGirl
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM

My name is Jaime. I'm 24 weeks and considered high risk. My doctors deemed me this because I am on daily meds for Asthma and Reflux Disease and because my first pregnancy I had high bp at the end and he was jaundice on delivery. So far we aren't having a lot of issues. I am showing consistent high bp when I go to the dr, and the baby is measuring 6 days small, but I am sure we are fine!  I also have anxiety problems and can't take my medicine until after baby comes. Anxiety mixed with Pregnancy worry is NOT COOL.. LOL.. Look me up if you want to chat.

BlazzinBebe88
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 1:05 AM

My name is Bebe and I am 31 weeks pregnant with my first. I am high risk because the baby has a birth defect called Gastroschisis and it's brought on quite a few problems for us both. He is diagnosed with IUGR only weighing in about 2.6 pounds right now, I have gained only about 5 pounds from beginning of pregnancy and now my amniotic fluid is really low. At one point in time it was so low they almost hospitalized me. I am getting ultrasounds done 2 times a week now, I have had over 30 ultrasounds. It's INSANE but I guess at same time it never gets old seeing him. =)

They are telling me I probably won't make it past 34 weeks.

lpb79
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Hi, I am now 11 weeks pregnant with my first.  Earlier this year I had a miscarriage, and they had to do a D&C.  At that time they found out I had Rh- blood.  I'm still not clear as to what this implies or what kind of dangers it poses to me and the baby, so if you can fill me in I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)