Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms with Gestational Diabetes

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:19 AM
  • 5 Replies

shake hand

Are you going through a pregnancy with gestational diabetes?  Share a little about yourself and your story here.  This is a great place to connect with other moms going through the same thing!

Make sure to send a friend invite to those moms you want to get to know a little more after reading their stories!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Hi,

My name is Amber and I was diagnosed with GD with my third pregnancy at 13 weeks.  I didn't have it with the other two, although I know sugar always seemed to make my morning sickness worse with them.  I was able to control the GD with diet and excercise and found some great ideas for coping with not being able to have all those "cravings".   Feel free to send me a message if you need any help with your GD or have any questions!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

pink_callalily
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

Hi. My name is Tarver Alexandria and I have been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes. At first I cried, cause this was my first pregnancy and I wished everything to go perfect. Well I failed both Glucose Test with flying colors, the one hour and the three hour one. Weirdly I felt like a failure, I guess because I then realized I had the chance to developing a too big baby and not be able to have a vaginal delivery, as well as other complications. I use diet control, rather then taking the insulin type medication, and so far so good. There have been the occasional over 120 blood sugars from consuming too many carbs, but I try to stay away from those. Going back to finding out I had the whole GDM thing, I questioned what was it that I was eating, was it even what I was eating... I never had a craving for sweets, always tomato based products and that was about it, plus the mac & cheese, but no sugars. So what was it?! I ate right, never binged ate and exercised for 30 minutes via walking on a treadmill almost daily, if not sometimes twice a day. Scary situation!! And the questions are endless. 11days away from my due date on the 24th, I can never seem to get the thought of possibly having a too big of a baby or complications during labor and delivery out of my head. I have an ultrasound tomorrow, so maybe that will give me a piece of mind. I measure perfectly at every doctors visit, but it's still a guessing game of how BIG! IDK, it seems surreal, but this to shall pass!

Pregnancy Ticker

Alishia655
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I am 19 weeks and was diagnosed with GD about a month ago. Before I got pregnant, I had hypoglycemic tendencies (low sugar). In fact my blood sugar rarely went over 100. When I went in for my first sugar test, the doctor said my sugar was way too high...like 140. I havent had the three hour test, but I know its soon to come. I fear this baby will be huge and I will have complications. Already a pharmisist said I look full term. When i told her how far along I am, she asked if i was having twins! So I try to control what I eat, more veggies and meat, and less sugar. I will have to wait until next week to have another u/s to see how big the baby is.

mommy30281
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM

Hey im 31 weeks and i failed broth of my sugar test too.   I also have GD and my first son was 9lbs 11 1/2 ozs. so i know this will be a big baby boy again.  Im trying to watch what i eat so far so good.  With my first son i had to have a c-section and they told me that i will be having another c-section and im a little scare cause with my first son they put me to sleep cause it was emergency c-section and this one i will be awake for it.

sam_rayne21
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 6:43 AM

Hey Im 26 weeks and I was diagnosed with GD 3 months ago but since I've found a lot of information and started eating healthier and thnkfully I have it under control with diet. But the exercise part is hard for me I hate it. I trust in a higher power(GOD) that everything will be alright as long as I do whats in my power to control our weight gain.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)