Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM
  • 6 Replies

shake hand

Are you going through this pregnancy as a single mom?  Share a little about yourself and your story here.  This is a great place to connect with other moms going through the same thing!

Make sure to send a friend invite to those moms you want to get to know a little more after reading their stories!

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hhebe
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:29 PM

I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant and my fiance decided he needed "space" two weeks ago. He moved back into his mom's (he's 25) and my 18 year old sister moved in with me to help care for my child once he's born. The father says he's not abandoning me or the baby but I can't tell. We'll see how things turn out I suppose.

BlazzinBebe88
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Well me and DF broke up about a month after we found out I was pregnant. We were together for 3 years and it was a rocky relationship from the get go but I love him dearly, and we were trying for the longest time to get pregnant.

Now he is with another woman. He is there for the baby and I know he will be a great dad but being a single mommy shocks and scares me. I know I can do it.. I just don't want to. I feel like I had no choice in the matter and my life as a single mom was thrown at me rather than chosen. But aren't they all?

I am just upset still, months later.

I am 8 months pregnant and will be having the baby very soon.

HOPEFULWISHES
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 5:09 PM

Hi. I am only two months pregnant, and this is my first. The father and I were together exclusively, but without the title of boyfriend and girlfriend, for over two years. But we ended that in May, and then kind of started seeing each other again, and now I am pregnant. He's a great guy but has committment issues... He says he is going to be there 100% for his child, and for me too, but we're still not "together", and at first he wanted me to not keep it. So I don't know where things are, but I still feel like I should plan on doing it alone. And it seems it will be harder, because he will be in my life, but always just half way.

Kri5taa
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 11:24 AM

Im Krista, im 20 years old, im 31 weeks along, and this is my first pregnancy...im going to be a single mom..i''ve known the father of my son for over 4 years now and we arent together i cant tell u how hard i fought to keep this baby...when i first found out i kept going back and forth whether to keep him or not i actually came close to getting an abortion but at the last minute i decided it wasnt for me.. i made the best decision in my life by continuing my pregnancy and have my son i really cant imagine being without him even now while im still pregnant....i didnt have much support from anyone besides my dad and my best friend everybody else wanted me to get rid of the baby including the baby's father and needless to say he put me through a lot and still is and still probably will...but i can still say my son is a true blessing and i feel like hes my gift from God and i love him so much already..being a young single mother is going to be extremely hard but i feel God wont give me anything i couldnt handle!

CafeMom Tickers
charlena2107
by on Jan. 10, 2010 at 6:38 PM

Im 23 and a single mom of a 2 year old ( 3 in march ) and also pregnant with my 2nd by the same guy , I dont know what to label him as i dont think he deserves to be called anyones father so ill just call him "guy" when i got pregnant with my 1st child it was well not planned ,i had just broke up with my ex boyfriend and he was just some guy at a party we were drunk and well i got pregnant. so about 4 months later i found out and he was in jail and didnt get out until my daughter was 4 months old . This meant that we would have to get to know each other , so we tried he wasnt helping buy anything , he hardly seen her , he was just being very irresponsible , so i cut all ties from him , apparently he went to jail again this time he didnt get out till she was almost 2 , begged me to see her i gave in , he did the same stuff so i cut him off again, my daughter will be three in 2 months . the guy disappeared for 8 months again and came back in nov , sworn he was ready , we had sex and i got pregnant right away with the 2nd baby im now 7 weeks pregnant by that guy and last time i heard he left town . Im could be upset but im really not , ive known this guy for almost 4 years , but i dont think he knows himself , he has other kids that he doesnt even take care of and it seems he doesnt even care but im just getting myself together , im buying a new car tomorrow and pretty soon i should have my apt . theres no point in sitting around crying over someone who doesnt want to be a father . 

Briannimal
by on Jan. 11, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Here's my story...I consider myself to be a single mom, of sorts, since I'm not with the baby's father.

I'm 30, and have been w/the same man for going on 7 years, and never got prego.  Well, we have broken up a few times over the years, and dated others, and that's what I did this time as we were seperate, between Sept.-now.  Within almost two months of dating a guy I had never known before, I get pregnant...that was in November.

All the while I am still living w/my ex, haven't really fallen out of love w/him, and before I find out I'm pregnant, the guys befriend one another.  I suppose THAT could be worse, so I am now thankful they are friends...

I don't and have never really loved the guy, and I chose to go back to my ex, even if pregnant w/another man's child.  He's gladly taking me back and will be there to help, so since we're all "friends", it's like "My Two Dads" now. (That was a sitcom in the 80s for the young ones. LOL) The biological father plans to be there for the baby, so I am so proud of that.

It's crazy how life works, I would have never imagined THIS would be my circumstance, but hey...I will never regret it, that would make me a terrible mother.

happy

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)