Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boob pain

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:38 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey there Ladies, I'm TTC and have a question for you gals that are preggo...

I have had some pretty bad pain in both boobs for a couple days, I am 8 dpo today.  The pain is in the nipples but mostly above the nipples.  Anyway, yesterday I felt what I can only describe as a "my milk coming in" feeling...I know it's not really coming in, but it's the same feeling...I have two kids, but haven't breastfed for over 6 yrs...  Is this an early pg sign?  I don't remember this with my 2 pgs...

Also last night I rolled onto my stomach in my sleep and woke up at 2 am in immense pain from lying on them...I'm talking throbbing pain for like an hour!  Did any of you experience this?  And this early??  And I just went to my midwife and had a full exam last month so I know my breasts are healthy...  Thanks for any input! 

And congrats on your pregnancies!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lizziesmommy714
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I just got my bfp last week and that was what my boobs felt like to. I thought I was going crazy! They felt all heavy, painful and hard in spots as if my milk were coming in to... so weird.

Lesgerm
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM

Thanks so much for replying!  That makes me feel better!!

Lesgerm
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 9:23 AM

So now they are still feeling pretty heavy, and I'm getting shooting pains in my nipples too.  Anyone else have experience with this as a pg sign?  I tested at 9 DPO (I know, too early!) and got a BFN...afraid to test again...now at 12 DPO.  I'm gonna try to wait it out to see if AF shows on Tuesday.

Thanks Ladies!

Creampuff07
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Yes, the breast pain can comes on early.

The extreme swollen and sore breast usually lasts for the first nine weeks. 

Generally speaking breasts usually don't hurt as much with your second pregnancy if they are close together, because your milk glands were still ready from the first pregnancy.   Since it has been six years your breast's mammary glands could be getting ready to make some milk again.

I hope your not disappointed!  Good Luck!

Lesgerm
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Thanks so much for replying!  I don't ever remember this much pain with either of my pgs but they say every preg is different!  I guess I'll just have to wait and see!

Quoting Creampuff07:

Yes, the breast pain can comes on early.

The extreme swollen and sore breast usually lasts for the first nine weeks. 

Generally speaking breasts usually don't hurt as much with your second pregnancy if they are close together, because your milk glands were still ready from the first pregnancy.   Since it has been six years your breast's mammary glands could be getting ready to make some milk again.

I hope your not disappointed!  Good Luck!

coffeegrl
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I just got my BFP this past week and my left nipple had been REALLY sore. A week later and it's still just that one. :) lol So, no, I don't think it's too early for you to test, it's one of the things that made me think...hmmmm

I got my BFP on dpo 13 ~ Let us know when you test! :)

Lesgerm
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hey thanks for the reply!  I tested at 8 dpo...too early...and again at 11 dpo with a clearblue easy digital...got bfn's but then found out that test is not at all sensitive...it only picks up 25-50 MIU so I'm wondering if it was just too soon.  I am now at 14 dpo, AF expected today...no signs of her yet so maybe there's still hope??  Thanks again!!

Quoting coffeegrl:

I just got my BFP this past week and my left nipple had been REALLY sore. A week later and it's still just that one. :) lol So, no, I don't think it's too early for you to test, it's one of the things that made me think...hmmmm

I got my BFP on dpo 13 ~ Let us know when you test! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)