Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Here 17 and 9 1/2 week pregnant

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM
  • 14 Replies
Just looking for some friends to talk any advice would help i don;t know what to expect and i have not told my parents yet but i have gone to the doctor and i am expecting twins
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NotATypicalMum
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:37 AM

Welcome! Wow TWINS! It will be a tough road, but you can do whatever you put your mind to. Are you going to keep them or have you been able to think that far ahead yet. I am sure you are still in shock!

How do you think your parents will take it? I hope that you have a good relationship with them and that they can be supportive of whatever decision you make. I was 28 when I had my first child. I had just left my husband and the baby was not his. When I found out I was terrified. I wasn't even a teen but I was still scared to death to tell my parents. They were so happy though.

Stay strong. You have to do what is best for both you and the children. Do NOT let anyone make the decision for you. I know that I can't completely understand what it is you are going through, but I am here if you just need a friend.

Heather

Leeann3110
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM

welcome to the group. Hope that you have a safe and healthy pregnancy and that your parents are very supportive of you.  

pregnancy calendar
JaysWifey06
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Hey there my name is ashley i know how you feel i was 15 when i had my first son and tell your parents as soon as possible i waited and i think my mom was mad that i was pregnant at 15 but i think she was more mad i waited so long... but its ok... like that pp said you can do anything you put your mind to... im now 22 going on 23 and im having my 3rd and i still somewhat feel like i dont know what im doing with each one lol....  Im here if you need anything..

pregnancy
jamiesmom1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

You really have to take just one day at a time. Make sure you eat healthy and keep seeing your doctor. I also recommend you tell your parents. That way you have some people to help you out. Try not to get stressed out or anything because that won't be good for your babies. If you need someone to talk to you can contact me.

Cassy

sheena20
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

hey girl congrads.. I was your age when i got prego too..but mine was just with one..now i am 22 with 3kids..so i kinda who what your going threw beaing 17 and prgo ou can talk to me if you wanna

doubleblessed04
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

If I were you, I would tell your parents sooner than later and hopefully they will be understanding and supportive. I have never understood parents who get mad at their daughter's for getting pregnant- I will admit 17 is very young and having twins but what's done is done. I don't know what your relationship is like with your parents but I know lots of parent's would be disappointed in your pregnancy but you have two little lives you are going to bring into this world- their grandchildren and although they may be hurt and upset with you- it would be in their best interest to be supportive of you as much as they can. I was not a teen mom and don't have any advice for you on that issue- I was actually 28 when I got pregnant with my twin boys who are now 5 1/2 years old. Best of luck to you on a happy and healthy pregnancy

Twins- Double the Love!!

gacgbaker
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Welcome to the group and congratulations on the pregnancy! 

You may want to visit the "Moms with a pregnancy like mine" post.  You can find a link to a post where you can meet other teen moms and also other moms of multiples.  

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

bheath01
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Hi welcome to the board. Congrats with twins! I bet you were shocked. I am also 9 1/2 weeks pregnanct. when is your due date?if you want to talk send me a friend request.

ashleysmommy820
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:07 AM

Hi! Congratulations! I was 18 when I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, and I know it's tough being so young and having a baby (or 2!) But, I think the best thing is to tell your parents, you're going to need the support! Are you still with the father? If not, you're going to need your parents even more, because pregnancy is a very difficult time emotionally, no matter how old you are. Anyway, if you have any questions, or just need someone to talk to, let me know!

CafeMom Tickers
lylfoxxii
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:18 AM

Welcome! and congrats on the twins! i know wher eyour coming from i had my first son when i was 15 and it can be alittle emotionally hard..but if you ever need anything feel free to message me! have a hapy and healthy pregnancy!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)