Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

have to take the 3 hour test again!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM
  • 1 Replies

When I was about 14 wks bregnant they told me to take the 1 hour and I flunked it. I took the 3 hr and bassed it. Now at almost 30 weeks I am taking the 3 hour again because I flunked the 1 hour again.  I am so ubset.  I really hobe I don't have GD but I have this funny feeling I do.  This bregnancy is kicking my butt.  I had bre-eclambsia with my first near the end and that didn't even feel this bad. I am tired all the time and grouchy. I get dizzy alot too although that could just be my low low blood bressure. At my last doc abbointment at 26 weeks I had only gained a total of 6 lbs the whole bregnancy, so I am a bit confused. I thought one of the warning signs of gd was alot of weight gain. I am also scared if I do have it because it seems alot of moms with gd are induced or end ub with c-sections. I am really scared of either one of those. Hobe for me I bass this test too!

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Hi,

I had GD with my last pregnancy and like you I kinda had a feeling I did, but when I went to have my little one her delivery was smoother then the other two even!  I went into labor on my own, and had her out after one good push.  No c-sections and no induction.  I know it can be scary to be told you have GD, but if you control it and eat properly it isn't too bad.  I was able to control it with my diet, and after I got used to eating a certain way it really wasn't bad at all.  If you need to talk or need some advice just let me know!  Also, I just started a post for moms with GD so they could met each other, you can check it out and post there to met other moms with GD:

Moms with Gestational Diabetes

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)