Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Advice On Swelling Please!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 3 Replies

Hi..  I'm 31 weeks pregnant with twins and everything has gone good so far except swelling.  My last dr appt was 4 weeks ago I go back Friday.  I was swelling in my ankles and top of my feet last time and talk to the dr about it and he told me it was normal due to twins and the heat and my blood pressure was 110/50 so it was fine he told me he would worry if my face was swelling but it wasn't.  So the last 2 weeks both my ankles, feet, and legs swell but nothing else on my body and my blood pressure still ok although I checked it 2 days ago and it was higher than it has been throughout my whole pregnancy 122/72 so it concerned me.  I drink about 5 to 6 bottles of water a day and been drinking a glass of grapefruit juice to help swelling.  They go down alot when I sleep with them propped up but it is so uncomfortable and as soon I get up the are swollen within 15mins.   Should I be worried or am I just retaining water.  I'm just really worried...Sorry so long...

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Stefanie1085
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:26 AM

Sorry to say, but swelling is one of those lovely pregnancy things that we all have and all hate. My ankles started swelling a few weeks ago. Haven't got to the feet yet, but I am sure it will. Drinking fluids like you are is good, elevating your legs is good. Have you tried restricting your salt intake? that should help too. I am sure you are fine.  

eku_mommy
by on Oct. 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

I'm on here looking ofr the same tihng..why don't you join one of the twin groups on here? I am headed there to search for that..but my swelling is pitting...it's leaivng indentions in ,y legs and has been for weeks now. -(

Sarah725
by Gold Member on Oct. 9, 2009 at 7:26 PM

Even though swelling is a part of pregnancy too much can be bad.  Call your doctor and see what the nurse says.  I think you swell more if you have protein in your urine so asking the doctor everything is always a good idea.  Congrats on the twins!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)