Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG!!!!! You will not believe what he did!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Name help please?????

Options:

Zoey Dorothy-Grace

Zoey Grace

Marlena Dorothy-Grace

Other ( please add your own suggestion)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 49

View Results

So at my 38 week appointment yesterday the doctor finally took me off the procardia for stopping labor. So that means this baby girl could be here anytime. But we still have no name. We have a few first names we like but none we love and agree on.

Our first daughter has a hypenated middle name honoring both mine and my husband's maternal grandmothers. My husband and I would like to also honor our paternal grandmothers by hypenating this baby girl's middle name too. That way also both of our girls would have the same amount of names and there would never be the thought that we didn't put enough thought into her name if she only had 1 middle name.

The problem is that the only name we agree on, doesn't sound right with our grandmother's names following it. Hubby thinks it sounds fine but I don't like it. The first name I like put together with the granmother's names sounds fine to me, but hubby doesn't like the first name.

Hubby likes Zoey Dorothy-Grace, but I don't like dorothy following Zoey. I do like Zoey Grace though it wouldn't be a hypenated middle name!!!

I like Marlena Dorothy-Grace, but hubby doesn't like Marlena.

Our last name is Blomgren. So here's where we need your help ladies. Any help or name suggestions you could offer would be awesome!!!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
geminishadow79
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Is it gonna be Zoey or ZOO-ey?  Cause I like them both!

kgsharber
by Member on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:41 AM

How are you going to pronounce Zooey? Is it like Zoey or is it like Zoo (as in the where they keep animals, lol) and then ey?

kaydensmommy181
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Ana Grace-Dorothy Blomgren

I'd reccomend a single syllable 1st name with such a long middle name..

Like Ana or Ava, Ada, Mia, May, Mae, Lae, Lee, Ann, etc..

LuvingMy3Girls
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:15 PM

I think you should stick  with the 2 middle names since your oldest has that but im odd like that...my 3girls all have 9 letters in their names and nicknames that end in Y...anyway I much perfer Zoey Grace-Dorothy.  I think Zoey Dorothy-grace is too much of a Y sound together

lilmomma92706
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM
Allebas
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:22 PM

IMO, I think there are already TOOOO MANY ppl naming their girls Zoey. I am not keen on that name to begin with.

Personally, I LOVE Marlena Dorothy-Grace!! I think its VERY PRETTY, and I have NOT heard of ANYONE naming their DD's Marlena!!

GOOD LUCK to you and DH on picking out a name you BOTH can agree on!!!

lilmomma92706
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM
2dogmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Elizabeth Doroth Grace sounds stunning...I love Marlena...you can call her Marly.

Channing Doroth Grace

Shannon Dorothy Grace

Isabella Dorothy Grace

thank god your grandmas had beautiful names...

2dogmom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I like Marlayna as well...

lilmomma92706
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)