Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like the worst best friend

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM
  • 2 Replies

My best friend text me this morning, she is pregnant. I took a pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.  I know its selfish since its my 3 I am trying for and its her 1 but I cant feel happy for her. I am acting like it for her sake but my poor husband has been watching me cry all day. Her husband is being deployed in October and she decided she didnt want him here while she was pregnant so the decided to TTC. I feel like such a horrible best friend for not being able to be happy for her right now. We would have been due within a week of each other if I was pregnant. She is also moving back here in October when her hubby deploys so I will be around her the whole pregnacy. I will throw the baby shower and be there for her whenever she needs but right now I feel like my heart was pulled out of my chest and put in a blender. I really thought I was pregnant. I had all the signs and still do but the tests keep coming out negative. I dont even know if I will be able to deal with the baby shower this weekend I am going to. I will know for sure I am not pregnant the day of the shower (besides that the test was negative and its 93% accurate right now).

in love Cassi and Tony 12/10/07ttc TTC #3 baby boy Landon 09/23/08toddler girlEmily 05/19/07

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
danielsmommy2b
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM

*hugs*

I feel the same way with my sister in law. Granted she is 17, not married, high school drop out, and neither her nor her boyfriend have a driver's license OR a job, everyone is happy for them. Extremely happy. I just can't get into it. When I first found out she was pregnant, I cried. My mother in law is all of a sudden enthralled with her and her baby, she has basically ignored her other grandkids. We are on our 2nd month of TTC and it's really hard, for me and for my husband. We have 2 kids already, and we are ready to complete our family, and I'm not exactly fertile mertile. I'm not sure, but I guess it's just jealousy. I keep thinking it will pass, but it's been almost 4 months and I still feel the same. She is coming to my son's 5th birthday party Saturday and I'm not sure how to act. She find's out what she's having next month and has already asked us if she could use our baby stuff if it's a girl!!!! I said "no, we are planning on using it next time". Anyway, I know how you feel, don't feel guilty of feeling this way, I think it is normal. Just keep your chin up and it'll happen.

mommyin07n08
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Im in my 2 month of trying now too. It took me 3 years with my daughter. I think what irks me with them is that 3 months ago they were on the verge of divorce and he was cheating on her and asking me not to tell her. He has been my best friend since high school and she has been my best female friend since college when I was engaged to him.

Quoting danielsmommy2b:

*hugs*

I feel the same way with my sister in law. Granted she is 17, not married, high school drop out, and neither her nor her boyfriend have a driver's license OR a job, everyone is happy for them. Extremely happy. I just can't get into it. When I first found out she was pregnant, I cried. My mother in law is all of a sudden enthralled with her and her baby, she has basically ignored her other grandkids. We are on our 2nd month of TTC and it's really hard, for me and for my husband. We have 2 kids already, and we are ready to complete our family, and I'm not exactly fertile mertile. I'm not sure, but I guess it's just jealousy. I keep thinking it will pass, but it's been almost 4 months and I still feel the same. She is coming to my son's 5th birthday party Saturday and I'm not sure how to act. She find's out what she's having next month and has already asked us if she could use our baby stuff if it's a girl!!!! I said "no, we are planning on using it next time". Anyway, I know how you feel, don't feel guilty of feeling this way, I think it is normal. Just keep your chin up and it'll happen.

in love Cassi and Tony 12/10/07ttc TTC #3 baby boy Landon 09/23/08toddler girlEmily 05/19/07

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)