Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this okay?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am 12 w3d and today i am having a weird stomach ache. It doesn't feel like a sick stomach and it's not severe pain either. It's just like a slight burning feeling in my whole tummy. I don't feel any of the pain in my uterus area. Could it just be something i ate or should I be concerned? I did hear the heartbeat yesterday it was in the 160's. This is my first so maybe I am just being paraniod. Everyone told me that when having a miscarriage the pain is severe and there is bleeding. Please let me know what you think, thanks.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
TigerBaby69
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM

I had the same thing recently it fely like I swollowed acid or something...its just indigestion.
I have had a miscarriage in the past and I had severe cramps in my uterus and I also had bleeding. But the other day with the burning stomach was just indigestion

babies
babies
Carrie53
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM

Yup, sounds like indigestion or heartburn.  It started for me around week 16 and Tums became a new food group to me (dr. said this was a good option cuz it provided extra calcium).  I never really had heartburn before I got pregnant (this is my first, too) so I didn't have much to compare it to and got myself a little freaked out.  It has subsided in the last week or so, but it was pretty consistent thru the 2nd trimester and felt exactly like what you described, so I wouldn't worry too much, but calling the dr. may help ease your nerves a bit =)

CafeMom Tickers
XpectingAJ
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

You are a little early for this, but when I first started feeling my baby move, it felt like a slight burning feeling to me... not sure what it could be for you.  Try tums just in case, and see if that helps any? Good Luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)