Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Removed IUD......How Long.....

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM
  • 9 Replies

I have a two-part question.  I had my Mirena (IUD) placed post-pregnancy with my son;  it's been almost 2 years.  My hubby and I decided to start TTC for #3, so I  just had it removed last Monday.  I had no issues (ie: bleeding, spotting, no periods, cramping, etc) after having it placed or removed.  I was just wondering how long it took to have your period return after an almost 3 year hiatus, and also how long it took to conceive.  On a side note: I just turned 28, and this was my first time ever being on BC, so I have no experience to recall on.  Thanks!!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BaBiiMaMa89
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM

bumpgood question. i never had an iud but was thinking about getting one after this baby cuz they can do it right after my csection, but how did it work for u? any pain? after a csec i dont want any added pain =/ lol

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

danielsmommy2b
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:28 PM

I had my IUD (Mirena) removed July 14th of this year. I was due for AF August 7th, but it came August 10th. Our first month TTC was a bust... We're TTC # 3 as well. Good luck and I send you lots of baby dust! 

luvmyangels2
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I think it should come back rather quickly.  I don't think the IUD keeps you from ovulating, it just irritates the lining of your uterus so a zygote can not implant. 

milfof2cuties
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I didn't have any complications, spotting, cramping or anything when I had it placed.  I also didn't have a period for the length of time I had it in, BONUS!!!  I had a c-section with my son as well, so I know where you're coming from.  I loved it, but I hope that it doesn't hinder our chances of getting pregnant with #3 quickly.

Quoting BaBiiMaMa89:

bumpgood question. i never had an iud but was thinking about getting one after this baby cuz they can do it right after my csection, but how did it work for u? any pain? after a csec i dont want any added pain =/ lol

milfof2cuties
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM

I never had a period for the 2 years that I was on it, so I have no idea when my AF is going to come.  It's only been 9 days, so I'm hoping soon.  We really want to get pregnant in October.  Thanks for the baby dust; I'm sending it right back!!

Quoting danielsmommy2b:

I had my IUD (Mirena) removed July 14th of this year. I was due for AF August 7th, but it came August 10th. Our first month TTC was a bust... We're TTC # 3 as well. Good luck and I send you lots of baby dust! 

BaBiiMaMa89
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 1:46 PM

Quoting milfof2cuties:

I didn't have any complications, spotting, cramping or anything when I had it placed.  I also didn't have a period for the length of time I had it in, BONUS!!!  I had a c-section with my son as well, so I know where you're coming from.  I loved it, but I hope that it doesn't hinder our chances of getting pregnant with #3 quickly.

Quoting BaBiiMaMa89:

yes well my friend had an iud i think for 2 yrs, got it removed, and was preg 2 months later. so good luck momma :)

Jillian_Alexis
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I had my IUD in for a year and a half.  I had it removed and conceived my daughter 3-4 days later.  I did have a regular cycle with the IUD though, I got the IUD removed after AF, so I was very fertile and BAM got pregnant right away!  Good luck with #3!

MommyIvy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I only had my IUD for 4 months (Hated it). I didnt have a period on it either. I had it removed July 13th and started today.

I'm a formula feeding, disposable diaper using,CIO believer, C-sectioned, spanking believer, vaccinating, anti co-sleeping, pro-life, proud, young married mommy of 2!!!

Carrie53
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:45 PM

Like you, Iam 28, I had Mirena for a few years and no AF the entire time.  I had it removed early Aug. '08 and got pregnant in early Jan. '09.  My first cycle started about 3 weeks after removal, then I didn't get one for 2 months, then kinda got back to a "normal" cycle until I conceived. 

I highly recommend using an ovulation kit that you can buy at any pharmacy because your cycle will likely be a bit irregular and the ovulation tests can take the guess work out of when is the best time to conceive.  I got pregnant the first month I used the tests.  Good luck to you!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)