Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Horrible Morning Sickness

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so I have had the worst morning sickness ever this past week. Its not just morning its all day. It use to be if I ate it would go away then come back every 2 hours, but now its so bad I can't eat and I can barely drink anything because it doesn't want to stay down. And my anti-neasuea medicine isn't working. On top of that since I am so sick all I want to do is sleep with in the past 24 hours I have slept at least 18 of them... Any one have any Idea on how to make it go away or at least not so bad?

pregnancy calendar
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
AngelaMunn82
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Let your health care provider how terrible your morning sickness is, s/he can prescribe you something that will help. No point in suffering more than you have to.

My OB gave me ZOFRAN and man was it a life saver!!!

<3 Angela

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
FranksHoney
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:45 PM

I am the same way! I have had it since I was 5 weeks. It will not go away! My doc gave me Zofran and Phenergan. They work when I take them, but the Phenergan puts me right to sleep and I have a 2 1/2 year old. And I only get 12 Zofran a month. So I still suffer everyday. Unless I take a Zofran in the morning that is, but like a said, I only get 12 a month. So I have to pick and choose what day I need it the most.

_NinaBean_
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:02 PM

Quoting FranksHoney:

I am the same way! I have had it since I was 5 weeks. It will not go away! My doc gave me Zofran and Phenergan. They work when I take them, but the Phenergan puts me right to sleep and I have a 2 1/2 year old. And I only get 12 Zofran a month. So I still suffer everyday. Unless I take a Zofran in the morning that is, but like a said, I only get 12 a month. So I have to pick and choose what day I need it the most.

when i was pregnant with my first i only got 12 also, because they are so exspensive.LOL. but with my son i got enough to last me the month plus some, just tell you doctor tha its not enough, and the other kind puts you to sleep. maybe they an do something for you..

but yeah i agree with you guys zofran is good, but i hate the tast.. lol

click on the siggy to go to The Sisterhood

LaceyN1121
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 2:32 AM

I would kill for phenegran thats the only stuff I have found that works and I am out and my doctor is out of town until next friday so I get to wait to be seen... Any home remedies you guys have come across I tried the sour stuff and that helps while I am eating it but then when Im done it comes back...

pregnancy calendar
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 3:53 AM

Here are a few tips for you:

Eating small meals throughout the day instead of three big ones
Have some crackers or a snack by your bed, so when you get up you can put something in your tunmmy right away
Sliced apples
Slicing lemons (the smell helps some)
Motion sickness bracelets
Ginger- anything with ginger root in it, even ginger ale
Peppermint (even try some peppermint tea)
Vitamin B6
Don't have fluids and meals together
Make sure you are drinking lots of water, you need to stay hydrated or it will make it worse
Eat things high in protein and complex carbs
Don't rush around in the mornings- that can make it worse
Stay away from stress as much as possible
Slurpees, or icees... When it gets really bad they help... and they are not hard on you coming back up.
Think about the flavor of your toothpaste and switch if it is contributing to making you nauseous
Get plenty of sleep
Avoid sugar and fatty foods
Ask your doctor about switching to a prenatal vitamin with a lower amount of iron for your 1st trimester

feel better

Congratulations if you have found this image you have found an item for our Pregnancy Stages Scavenger Hunt!  Make sure to check the Pregnancy Stages Scavenger Hunt post for more items to find, a new item each day!

Pregnancy Tip of the day:

Are you feeling extra itchy because of your growing belly?  As your belly grows your skin will streatch and can sometimes make you very itchy!  Here are some ways to relieve the itch:

Drink plenty of water
Stay away from hot baths and showers
Take a warm Oatmeal bath
Use lotions at night and in the morning

Remember if your itching is accompanied by tiny itchy red bumps, you need to bring that to your doctors attention.  It could be a condition called polymorphic eruption of pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)