Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eating

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am 30 weeks and i have been finding this my second child that I cant eat as much as i did with my first. I get full so quickly and i was wondering if anyone else has experience this. I dont know if its because im having a girl and my first was a boy would she be on my stomach or what?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
treehugger823
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I'm having the same problem! But I'm only 9 weeks. but seriously, i take two bites and i'm done. i worry i'm not getting enough nutrition to the baby. let us know if you figure it out!

pregnancy due date
Mish2575
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:10 PM
Yep. Same problem. I'm starving in the morning though. I eat 3 times by lunch then barely touch anything in the afternoon/evening.
your_angel
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:56 PM

Yea I don't know I've noticed that my eating habits are weird too. I'm 34 wks and I usually eat around every 12 hrs or so and I get full pretty quick. Its weird I feel like I'm not eating enough for the baby but apparently she's gaining enough weight. Hope all is well mama!

KyKrsbonusmom
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I'm 32 weeks and I get full very quickly.  I eat small snacks all day!

mama2b1230
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I am only 20 weeks, but most days I can't eat much. I will be starving but then I can only eat a little bit. Which in a way makes me hopeful that maybe I wont gain 70lbs. Who knows though since I am only halfway.

ConnersMom03
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 11:48 PM

Yes, I've been at that point lately.  I'm 28 weeks and feel like I want to eat smaller meals and more snacks.  I think I still eat a good amount, just less than I did a few weeks ago.  I've always been one to eat on schedule, but I'm starting to adjust it a bit.  Sometimes I feel so hungry and other times not much at all.  I've been gaining a healthier amount of weight with this pregnancy and the pregnancy (compared to my first) seems to be going great so I'm not worried at all.

Lilypie - (KyDC) Lilypie - (mepc)
Deborah Walstad, Independent Consultant for DiamondCreek Candles
Make Every Room Smile, or Start Working at Home for FREE

http://www.diamondcreekcandles.com/consultants/uid/dwalstad  

Annette7931
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 11:38 AM

One of the moms at my child birth class asked the instructor the same question!  With her first pregnancy she ate everything without a problem, but with her current pregnancy, she felt like she could barely finish a sandwhich without feeling really full.  The instructor said that our stomachs are above the baby, so if you're carrying higher than your last one, that would definitely contribute to a smaller appetite.  Of course, if this is a bigger baby, or even just your uterus is growing faster than last time, then that would also be a reason for not being able to eat as much at one sitting.  She just told the girl to make sure she ate small meals throughout the day.  I haven't had this problem... i can eat and eat and eat and never feel full (thats probably why i've gained so much!) and i've been carrying my baby low since the beginning, so it made sense to me.  Once your baby drops, you're probably gonna be able to start eating more :) 

Jocelynsmama
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I feel pretty much the same as i did pre-pregnancy. I can eat a decent sized meal. I dont feel extra hungry except in the mornings when i wake up.

-EMILY

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

baby

pregnancy due date
jessicaaris
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 5:39 PM

I am the same way. I had a boy first and it seemed like when we would eat out I would eat every single thing on my plate (and I could hardly finish 3/4 before I got pregnant) and sometimes would still be hungry. With this pregnancy, I have been eating like I was before I got pregnant. I try to snack between meals if I feel hungry since I am not eating a lot more calories with meals, but during meals I eat the same amount. I am having a girl this time too.

I am not sure why. Maybe because with a first pregnancy many women kind of milk the fact that we have an excuse to eat a ton of food without worrying about weight. I am not worried about weight this time but I just haven't felt starving like I did with my first.

Pregnancy Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)