Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I heard the heartbeat, and almost passed out!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, after counting down the days until my 1st dr.s appointment I finally go and get to hear the heartbeat!  It took a really long time (well, to me) to find it but the dr. did.  After I heard it i got super nauseas and could hardly make it home (my husband was there, thank god) has this happened to anyone else?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gacgbaker
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 4:06 AM

I have never had that happen, but maybe you were just really excited about being able to hear the heartbeat?  Sometimes over stimulation if you haven't had enough to eat, or enough water or anything like that can make you feel sick.  Hope you are feeling better! 

storkbusy momnurse

Got little ones or expecting one?  Check out these groups!
Pregnancy, After Pregnancy: Babies & Toddlers, Children's Health Issues

LilSarahgirl
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 10:44 PM

I heard it last week. It seemed like it took forever for the dr to find mine too. I was kinda nervous that maybe there was a problem. When I heard it I was like. Oh my gosh, there's really a baby in there!

Whisper85
by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 10:48 PM

When I was pregnant with my first he always gave the nurses hell and hid from the doppler! When I first heard his heartbeat I felt like I was going to pass out too! I started crying it was the most beautiful sound in the world!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)