Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

extreme pressure - what is it?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM
  • 6 Replies

I just noticed today the underside of my belly feels extra heavy and extra hard - The pain doesnt wrap around like a contraction but is such an intense pressure - This is my 3rd child and I have never had this. I also have rectal pressure too. My bowels are regular - does anyone know what is up?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
logunsmommy
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:33 PM

How far along are you?  Could be the baby is in a funny position and it's putting pressure on spots you haven't noticed before... maybe baby has even dropped?   If it really is  bothering you and still is tomorrow, maybe give the dr a call. 

britmulvihill
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:35 PM
ummmm... Its never happenned to me but my mom said that when she was in labor with me before she went to the hospital she felt alot of pressure and just felt like she had to take a big poop lol. hope that helps....
Ambermom
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM
I'm 33 weeks - its such a funny pressure - thanks for the replies
momof41981115
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:57 PM

It's possible the baby is dropping,I've been having alot of preassure in the rectal and crotch areas for about 2 weeks now. I went to my 36 week appointment today and the doctor checked and said the baby has dropped deep into the pelvic area. This is my 4th baby and I've never felt anything like it before,it started as just a little preassure now I feel like the baby could fall right out everytime I stand up. You should ask your doctor though. 

hollymarierocks
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:48 PM

I have extreme pressure too and went out and bought one of those maternity belts... I didnt think it would work but I was in soo much pain I wanted to try anything... I have been wearing it for 2 days now and the pain has gone away for the most part! Gosh its such a big relief!!

How`s my pregnancy doing?
stellarluna
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Maybe you've dropped?

Quoting Ambermom:

I'm 33 weeks - its such a funny pressure - thanks for the replies

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)