Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DO U CLEAN EVERYDAY?

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

AM I A BAD MOMMY/WIFE? I DONT CLEAN EVERY DAY BUT I DO CLEAN..I KNOW IT WOULD BE GOOD TO CLEAN EVERYDAY, SO IT WONT BE SUCH A BIG TASK WHENEVER IT IS TIME TO CLEAN, BUT THE THOUGHT OF CLEANING EVERYDAY KILLS ME..THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO CLEAN AND IF I DO CLEAN, CLEANING WILL BE MY WHOLE LIFE...THIS IS A CONSTANT ISSUE WITH ME AND THE HUBBY.. MIND U HE DOES'NT CLEAN A THING BUT TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT... AM I JUST LAZY OR WHAT?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mommyasof112207
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:18 PM

I clean everyday not like deep down spring clean but I clean dishes laundry mop floors cause we have hard woods and if I dont it then they get out of hand real fast but I dont think there is anything wrong if you dont clean everyday there are days I dont feel like cleaning but if I didnt I would go nuts because that is just the type of person I am

DeputyWifeJen
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:21 PM

I am a working mom so I don't see it as my job to also keep the entire house. My hubby is great about pitching in. Generally I pick up and he cleans. I don't mind the dishes so I always do them. We both hate the laundry, so it always needs attention. There are some great cleaning groups on here that can help you get on track. I used to clean a particular room each day... living room Monday, bathrooms Tuesday, etc. and that worked pretty well too.

Wife to Brian since 11-27-04, Mommy to Will since 6-28-07

Nari-on-the-way
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Quoting Nari-on-the-way:

AM I A BAD MOMMY/WIFE? I DONT CLEAN EVERY DAY BUT I DO CLEAN..I KNOW IT WOULD BE GOOD TO CLEAN EVERYDAY, SO IT WONT BE SUCH A BIG TASK WHENEVER IT IS TIME TO CLEAN, BUT THE THOUGHT OF CLEANING EVERYDAY KILLS ME..THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO CLEAN AND IF I DO CLEAN, CLEANING WILL BE MY WHOLE LIFE...THIS IS A CONSTANT ISSUE WITH ME AND THE HUBBY.. MIND U HE DOES'NT CLEAN A THING BUT TAKE THE GARBAGE OUT... AM I JUST LAZY OR WHAT? OH AND I WORK PART-TIME...

ErinB86
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:47 PM

No ma'am, I don't think you're lazy. I don't clean everyday either. I try to at least do the dishes in the sink and maybe a load of laundry everyday, but that's about as deep as it goes. I would really love to keep a super clean and organized house but there's just no way. It gets out of control so fast! My hubby isn't a cleaner at all either, so if I don't do it, it will never get done. But since he doesn't bother, he doesn't get to complain. I work full time still so I try to make one of my two days off a week a serious cleaning day. It's driven me to hate Tuesdays but at least I don't feel so overwhelmed every morning. :)

Angee3Monkeys
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:53 PM

Due to being a working Mom. I clean everyday however, not everything. Only to keep the house maintained till my weekend. Then I get down to the nitty gritty. I never used to be like this. But, it came with the Kids. So in order for me to be organized I do the little things one at a time. Plus I put my 9 year old daughter to work now. She needs to do chores now and I assign her to do dishes every once in awhile. lol

riotgrrl
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:29 AM

There are things I feel like I have to do everyday to be comfortable and sanitary. Like keeping the kitchen clean. I have a thing about areas where food is stored and prepared having to be pretty clean. So I spend 30 minutes a day minimum taking care of the kitchen and sweeping the floors a couple times (but we also have pets, I don't know if I'd find it necessary to sweep a couple times a day if we didn't have them...)

Other than that, I do not feel like I have to clean every day. We keep things reasonably picked up, but do the actual cleaning a couple times a week.

hannamanmommy
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:35 AM
I haven't felt well enough to clean every day. I've had extreme "morning sickness" that lasts all day and night. I do what I can when I have the energy. My husband isn't much of a cleaner but I make sure the house is tidy, the floors are clean, and laundry is taken care of. I also try alternating days that I do certain things based on my energy level. I don't think you're lazy at all. Just explain how exhausted you are. I told my husband if he was going to complain he could hire a housemaid and that has kept him quiet. :)
MJWard
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 10:38 AM

Im a clean freak and I actually enjoy cleaning quite a bit..lol. I dont think your a bad wife or mother because u dont do it daily..I mean if u lived in a heap of trash then maybe haha

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

ashleysmommy820
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 1:27 PM

I don't clean every day either. I do the dishes at night, and Ashley and I pick up most of her toys before bed at night, but most of the major cleaning only gets done once a week...laundry I only do as needed, not every time there is anything at all that needs washed...

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)