Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Discharge during pregnancy Maybe TMI

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM
  • 6 Replies

I have been having some kind of leaky discharge. Not too much but enough to keep my skin irritated down in that area. Does anyone else have this? Sorry if it's too much info but I know you ladies know what being pregnant is like.

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
azn_ladie82
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:30 AM

You can just wash urself more often if you're starting to get irritated down there. Also, it's not impossible to get a yeast infection while you're preggo as well. You can call your OB to get u tested for that.

Are you a proud preemie mom of a NICUGRADUATE? Click on my NICU blinkie to meet other moms of preemies just like you.

RyansMommie07
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM

i get it quite often where ill get a different d/c, then get irritated, but being a pregnant diabetic im pretty prone to yeast infections and utis... so much so that they dip my urine at every appt to check for leukocytes (signals a uti) and check my d/c when they check my cervix. ( i had a cone biopsy and a preemie baby so they check at every appt.) i would call your ob nurse line and let them know, they can tell you to either not worry about it or schedule an appt. and dont worry, theyre used to hearing about all the wonderful things our pregnant bodies do lol

no-drama-momma
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Normal...usually.  Just use a pantiliner--makes in less uncomfortable.............As long as it's not watery, chunky, or has an odor than it's prob normal says my dr.... Normal is somewhat thick, yellow, and no odor (or at least not a bad odor or diff from your norm).... However, pregnancy also causes a lot of women to get yeast infections and bacterial infections there so u might see the doc just to be sure.....easy fix if it is one of those things.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
JOIN MY GROUP:  Anything and Everything...EXCEPT disrespect
http://www.cafemom.com/group/anything-and-everything

Sherriboyz
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:46 AM

Sorry girlie, it's normal. I'm expecting my 6th child and Trust me Always has become my Fav product. LOL!!!

NaTashaVictoria
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:53 AM

Quoting azn_ladie82:

You can just wash urself more often if you're starting to get irritated down there. Also, it's not impossible to get a yeast infection while you're preggo as well. You can call your OB to get u tested for that.

Not only is it not impossible to get a yeast infections, but you are more likely to get a yeast infection while pregnant b/c of the hormonal changes and the changes in pH down there. You could either talk to your doc to see if that's it, or you could pick up a yeast infection test at your local drug store. It's like a pregnancy test that lets you know if you are positive for yeast infection. If it is an infection then use monistat 7... that's what my doc says to use.

CafeMom Tickers
mdwright4
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I do. I also get yeast infections pretty easily. Wear a liner and change it often

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)