Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Walking long distances

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
So tomorrow is the big day! Ultrasound! We really want to find out what we are having, and since I am 19 weeks today, it looks like a good possibility (assuming the little one cooperates with the u/s tech) Okay so here's my question. We don't have a way of driving to our appt. The place is about 6 miles away and I don't usually take walks that long (especially bc my son doesn't like his stroller too well) so does anyone think this may be too much of a stress on me being pregnant? Or might it be a bad idea to take my son on a long walk in the heat? (He's 11 months old) The weather is supposed to be really hot here tomorrow, and my appt is at 9am. Everyone in our family works at that time or is otherwise unavailable. (I made this appt thinking my mother-in-law could take us but she has an appointment for my husbands kid brother for his speech therapy that she has to take him to.)

Just let me know if you think it's a bad idea and if I should reschedule or something. My Doctor expects me to go before my next checkup so I'm hoping I can get another appt by the 19th if I have to.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
-Angie
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
2isbetterthn1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:04 PM
anyone awake tonight? :)
rachana
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Is there a bus that you can take or call a taxi? 6 miles in hot weather is not a good idea. I would reschedule it. I got winded just walking a few blocks from my house.

pregnancy calendar

2isbetterthn1
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:16 PM
Quoting rachana:

Is there a bus that you can take or call a taxi? 6 miles in hot weather is not a good idea. I would reschedule it. I got winded just walking a few blocks from my house.

there's no bus or taxi service that runs here, i live in a really small town. :( thanks for your response. i am considering rescheduling it.
BaBiiMaMa89
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:25 PM

if u are comfortable walking that far, then its ur decision. but just remember after the time u get out after they find all they need on the u/s u might have to be walking in the late morning sun with ur baby. idk i would reschedule. :) good luck

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)