Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does evrey expecting father...

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM
  • 25 Replies

have a scared reaction when it hits them? if so what was your guys like? and when did it hit him?

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charly_kee
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:23 PM

Mine left me at 4 months.

MiNi-Ature
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:26 PM

thats no bueno.. im sorry to hear that.. mine is scared hes not going to be the best father i know he can be.. and has to drink to make himself feel better.. hopfully its just a faze..

Gizzy22
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:31 PM

With my first the father acted exicted but then to his friends wished things upon me and the baby i dont wanna mention.. Also cheated on me..

And the next babys dad took off for 2 months but came back aorund in the picture. He comes home in 2 weeks to meet his 2 month old. he has been in Iraq.. Once he went to Iraq it hit him some how.. Not sure but it made him want to be a better person and shit.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie

Carrie53
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:32 PM

My 34 year old hubby revisited his teenage days of carelessness... wanted to buy a motorcycle, went to amusement parks, got stupidly drunk a few times, and other out-of-character things.  When I explained how much it stressed me out, he admitted that he felt like a part of his life was over (mind you, this is our first pregnancy and it was no accident- in fact he was the one who first brought up the idea after many years of thinking we weren't going to have kids!).  As much as I hated hearing that, it was honest...and he soon got over it and has returned to his normal, caring, responsible self. (thank goodness, I was worried!)  A lot of my friends have admitted their guys going thru a "freak-out" phase, too.

CafeMom Tickers
Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:35 PM

My husband had to go to NTC (it is a month long field training excersise for the Army) right before I started showing. When he got back he was like O.O omg I am going ot be a dad. LOL. I don't really know how to describe what he felt like.....he seemed terrified, I actually thought a couple of times that he was going to pee himself. But then he started getting the warm fuzzies closer to my due date...especially when he felt the baby kick. However when delivery day came.....he was a nervous wreck again. You have to keep in mind that you have 9 months to prepare yourself, you are growing that human...and while he technically has 9 months too....he doesn't feel it move every day, he doesn't touch his belly that is getting bigger every day and know that there is a little human inside of it. He is probably just scared. I do have ot say...if he is drinking ot mkae himself feel better...you might want to talk to him. He might feel like he isn't ready for kids...and that issue should be resolved ASAP. I hope you have a great pregnancy. Good luck!

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

MiNi-Ature
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:37 PM

my fiance is freaking out.. he never drinks and he has had to have a few drinks three nights in a row now.. its not like him.. and though im trying to be supportive im about 10 weeks and its stressing me out.. but i still understand that he has more to worry about now and for the rest of his life.. its not just about him anymore and he is the only one that works.. not wanting me to work..

Army_Wife41
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

I would jsut give him some time. if it is making you too stressed, tlak to him and explain that you need him to calm down, that you are there for him, but that it is not good for the baby for you to be so stressed.....but if it is jsut a few drinks....and it hasnt been going on for a long time, try and just give him a few days to wrap his head around it. Like you said, its not about him anymore lol that can be scary!

Quoting MiNi-Ature:

my fiance is freaking out.. he never drinks and he has had to have a few drinks three nights in a row now.. its not like him.. and though im trying to be supportive im about 10 weeks and its stressing me out.. but i still understand that he has more to worry about now and for the rest of his life.. its not just about him anymore and he is the only one that works.. not wanting me to work..

armyjaw dropbaby boypregnant belly

Adam                         Laura              Jeremiah                 And new baby

My happy family

MiNi-Ature
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:42 PM

i have tried to talk to him... but talking to him doesnt always work out in my favor.. i tell him its going to be ok.. but he is so stressed about being a good father i think he is overly freaking himself out.. then when i say im stressed and scared to.. it just seems like i dont matter because i get to be at home not supporting the family.. id go to work if he wanted me to but he doesnt want me to.. i dont like being sad and feeling depressed.. and i cant talk to him if he has been drinking i just dont like it..

My4LuvBugs07
by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 11:43 PM

My husband has one child and I have two -- he didn't want anymore.  I sort of did but we didn't get pregnant on purpose and I was on BC...go figure.  Anyway, we were fighting so much when I got pregnant and even more so after we found out.  He told friends that he didn't believe it because he never saw the test stick or the blood test.  With all three of my children, my doctor NEVER gave me any "printed documented" that said "POSTIVIE" on it!  LOL  We fought for several months.  It sort of got better when we found out it was a girl.  We have three boys so what a blessing that was!  Things are perfect now.  She is five months old.

tracys_75
by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 12:04 AM

My husband was totally excited he quit smoking cigs and weed and stopped drinking!! he maybe had a drink once  or twice during the whole pregnancy but i dont think it hit him until he could see my bely growingandcould feel the baby move.when it came to sex though ya he would freak out if he felt the baby move he thought we were hurting it, especially when i got real big.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)