Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

Creative ways to tell family the sex of the baby???

Posted by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM
  • 26 Replies

Hey ya'll! I get to find out the sex of my baby on August 26th. I was wondering if any of you had any fun, creative ways to tell your friends and family the news?

its a boyits a girl

My BaBy

by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I thought the Duggar family idea was kinda cute.

They had a cake baked and the inside of it was pink or blue depending on the sex of the baby.

You could have everyone over and try that?

brittcobb20
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Get a small cake and have the bakery dye the cake either blue or pink and when they cut the cake then they will find out.

logunsmommy
by on Aug. 16, 2009 at 2:48 PM

I think since the duggars did that, EVERYONE is doing that now...lol.  You can have the tech write it down for you, and seal it in an envelope.  If you have an older child, have them open it and read it with everyone over for dinner or something.  Then you ALL find out together.  I kinda want to do that, but we are waiting till birth to find out what the baby is. 

dragonflie
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I love the cake idea, I wish I had thought of that.  I have 2 older children and my daughter was dying for a sister.  When we found out that we were having a girl we went out and bought a little pink dress for the baby and gave it to her.  My daughter was so excited, its still hanging in her room now.

Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly,

Kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably,

And never regret anything that made you smile

Stop by and sign my guess book, I finally figured out how to add it to my homepage!

bri_0110
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 3:37 PM

thanks for the input ladies. the cake idea is a good one :) i just wish i could think of some more stuff! my creative juices just arent flowing!!! lol

MommyIvy
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I just read abt someone having fortune cookies made and putting "It's a ___" in them.

I'm a formula feeding, disposable diaper using,CIO believer, C-sectioned, spanking believer, vaccinating, anti co-sleeping, pro-life, proud, young married mommy of 2!!!

mommy053008
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 3:44 PM

my friend had her daughter wear a tshirt that said "I'M THE BIG SISTER TO MY BABY SISSY!"

thought that was cute of course if you are havin a boy you could say i'm the big sissy to my baby brother

something like that

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
mommy053008
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 3:45 PM

oh just thought of another one my other friend did. she had m&ms specially made and gave some to everyone it had ITS A BOY written on them!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
bri_0110
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 7:50 PM

mmm i love the m&m idea.. any food idea sounds like a good idea lol!

2isbetterthn1
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 7:52 PM

Quoting MommyIvy:

I just read abt someone having fortune cookies made and putting "It's a ___" in them.

thats such an awesome idea!

good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN