Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I hate my OBGYN!! Am i the only one??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM
  • 35 Replies

my obgyn is rude and  ignores my questions he rushes thru the whole appointment and doesnt update me on anything.

what should i do?

should i get a new doctor?

has anyone else ever had this problem?

by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GeorgiaSun
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 9:32 PM

I hate mine too! The lady never answers my questions or just gives me maybe answers. I will start seeing someone new my next appointment!!!

stressed_in_ar
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Let me tell u... I had one of those and when I went into labor he talked to me so bad.... I had my son with no meds and not by choice... He kept telling me to shut my mouth if i was screaming i was not breathing... He said he didnt want to hear anything come out of my mouth.... He was so mean to me... Might ought to get u a new one.. I had gestational diabetes and he put me on insulin... I took my first shot at 10 in the morning that evening about 6 i checked my sugar cause i was suppose to take another shot and my sugar was 79 so i didnt take my next shot... When i woke up the next morning it was 69.. if i had of took the last shot i prolly wouldhave died.. he wanted to leave me on it...

DeputyWifeJen
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 9:48 PM

YES, get a new doctor. This event is too important to rely on someone who treats you like that.

Wife to Brian since 11-27-04, Mommy to Will since 6-28-07

luvkids329
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 10:00 PM

my o.b. has never been like that he is thourough, cares and makes it obvious that he cares about me as a patient, i say definately get a new dr. u deserve someone to treat you with kindness and respect at every visit!, good luck!

momto1ryen
by Lindsey on Aug. 17, 2009 at 10:05 PM

I love my OB and you should too. Go find a new doctor now. Being pregnany isn't a game or something that should be brushed off especially by your doctor. Find someone you really trust and feel confident that when you are there to see them, they are taking all the time you need to answer your questions.

luvkids329
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 10:14 PM

you deserve an ob who treats you with kindness and respect at every appt.one who takes the time to listen to all your concerns and cares about you as a patient and professional,get a new dr. momma! good luck!

luvkids329
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Quoting luvkids329:

you deserve an ob who treats you with kindness and respect at every appt.one who takes the time to listen to all your concerns and cares about you as a patient and professional,get a new dr. momma! good luck!

sorry i didnt see that i had already hit the "add reply button" lol!

mamadowns
by on Aug. 17, 2009 at 11:29 PM

Have a homebirth with a midwife!!

Lilypie - (Nc7T)

Mama to 2 beautiful princesses and 7 furbabies!!  Wife to an amazing husband!!  Trying to conceive baby #3.  Dealing with potty training and quickly approaching kindergarten all while launching two brand new businesses!!  Pawsitive Pup Dog Training and Little Bug Family Daycare!   LIFE IS SO GOOD!!

2009mami2alex
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 12:26 AM

ok homebirth is a not so much relevent  but midwife im 100% agreed! and if homebirth is possible and in your comfort zone then even better =] cut out all the problems lol

Quoting mamadowns:

Have a homebirth with a midwife!!

Ashley_N_Steve
by on Aug. 18, 2009 at 12:31 AM

how do you even go about getting a midwife? or having a home birth? ive heard alot of hype about it whats the difference between that and hospitals?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)