Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pregnancy Pregnancy

I was so nervous about labor and delivery how about you?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 11:39 PM
  • 2 Replies
When I gave birth I was 3 days late which was expected since he was my first. My water broke at 4am I went to the hospital and I was still 1 centimeter.The nurses put me on potocen ( sorry thats probably spelled wrong) later on in the day I started getting real bad contraction they hurt but not to where I was crying. 24 hours passed and i was 2 centimeters so they started talking about a c-section which I did not want, well later on that day my contractions were really close and strong I was finally at 5 I only cried once through my labor and delivery well twice once my son was born the tears started pouring out. 34 hours of labor and pushing a 8lb 4oz 21 inch baby wasn't as painfull as I thought it would be Their was no reason to be as scared than I was.
by on Apr. 5, 2007 at 11:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
gacgbaker
by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 11:10 AM
I was pretty scared with my first, just not knowing what was going to happen made me nervous.  Everyone has a different labor story, and you can't predict how yours will turn out... that is what made me scared! My first was born in 6 hours and my second in three... when the time comes for baby number three, I don't think I wll be nervous!
Rushn311
by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 11:14 AM
I was induced after two days past my due date. I was scared up until I was threatened with a c-section two times! I was stuck at 7 centimeters for a while and then 8...finally I got to 10 and was able to push. It took me 25 minutes to push her out too....I think the fear of not knowing is what is scary.

I am pregnant for the second time now and I am scared this time because of possibly having a c section and the labor might go different this time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)