Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

contractions TWINS 34.3 weeks (update in red)

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

I am on niphedpine (sp) to keep the contractions away.   I have ben on it since I was 27 weeks.  Just last week I was in the hospital again on mag to hopefully reset my body to except the niphedpine well last night I started having contractions again... they are about 10-20 min apart right now.  What is the likely hood that the twins will be ok if they were born now????

I had an u/s today and baby a appears to weigh 5.14 and baby b 5.5I know those numbers can be different on the outside but it is reassuring that they both measure in the 5 pound range.  I am dilated to a 3.5 and baby a is so low we almost could not get a measurement.  contractions are still 10-20 min apart

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momof525
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:51 AM

My youngest was due Oct 21st and was born on Sept. 9th..so she was a little more than 5 wks early. She was just fine, 5 lbs 8 oz, and healthy. She had a common problem, which was she couldn't keep her temp up...she just had to stay under a heat light for 2 days, but when I left [3 days after she was born] so did she, and she was great :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:01 AM

well my little dude was born at 31 weeks he had quite a fight to put up but he made he! Now you would never know he was a preemie.

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

lakens_mommy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:10 AM

At 34 weeks, I'm pretty sure they'll be ok. I'm sure there's a chance that they could go to the NICU, but definitely ok. Every baby has that chance IMO.  My daughter was born at 34 weeks and did great in the NICU. The only problem she had was her feedings weren't going reat. Don't worry about anything! Everything will turn out just fine!

Schleetle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:14 AM

I had my twin boys just before 29 weeks (like 28wks 5 days) they are 6 years old, and two healthy little guys. It took them a while to catch up in the beginning, but they are just fine now. I think at 34 weeks they will be okay - maybe just tiny.

Pregnancy Ticker

firejazmine
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:17 PM

Thank you my biggest concern is them sending my girls to the NICU unit it is two hours from my home

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)