Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Emergency: labor!!!! i think??

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:39 AM
  • 10 Replies

Have you ladies every had contractions but felt gassy afterwards each time? i feel like i get contractions but then ill pass gas! i know im sorry, TMI. the pain is always at the top of my tummy and get painful and then go away. i havent really tried to time them, they are so sporadic.

I had an NST done today and when the machine said i had a contraction, didnt feel anything at all !! wth?!

So i dont know what to do, i dont want to go to hospital needlessly because thats money out my pocket i cant afford right now.

PS: im 40 weeks, TODAY.

go to hospital or not? is there any way i can b more sure of whether they are the real thing or not??

frustrated

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashwa
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:44 AM

sounds exactly like when I was in labor! I didn't know I was in labor, I thought it was just gas. Then it got to where I couldn't sleep through it anymore so we decided to go to the hospital. On the way down I notice a pattern. 3 min. apart! When I got there they said I was in labor!! Good luck!!!

baby

We love our Hazel LeAnn
MommyIvy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:45 AM

I would try timing them. Maybe take a warm shower, drink some water, or and lay down on your right side and see if that helps.

I'm a formula feeding, disposable diaper using,CIO believer, C-sectioned, spanking believer, vaccinating, anti co-sleeping, pro-life, proud, young married mommy of 2!!!

Raynii
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:46 AM

how does laying on the right side help?

ainamama
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:25 AM

i would NOT go to the hospital!!you could be in early labor,but as a first timer(i think?)typically you could be in labor for 20 or more hours.try and rest while you can,and if hard labor begins you will know it!!

"Every child comes with the message

that God is not yet discouraged of

man."  
  Rabrindranath Tagore

my sustainable fiber business~

http://www.hamakuahomegrown.com

Lindsay100
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Quoting MommyIvy:

I would try timing them. Maybe take a warm shower, drink some water, or and lay down on your right side and see if that helps.

ditto.  i'd wait til there's a consistant pattern.

mommy2xp
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:38 AM

take a shower, then lay down and drink some water.  if it gets to the point where you just can't stand it then go in. how far is the hospital? i just noticed when you wrote this lol it's pry just early labor and ya dont wanna sit in the hospital any longer than you have to

Pregnancy ticker

Happy2BDomestic
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:42 AM

I agree.

Quoting Lindsay100:

Quoting MommyIvy:

ditto.  i'd wait til there's a consistant pattern.

Kristen1010
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:43 AM

My first delivery I was induced around 4:30-5:00 pm and had my son at 12:56am...  I didn't wait 20 hours! 

Quoting ainamama:

i would NOT go to the hospital!!you could be in early labor,but as a first timer(i think?)typically you could be in labor for 20 or more hours.try and rest while you can,and if hard labor begins you will know it!!

logunsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:09 AM

You had medical intervention, and that typically doesn't go that fast either.  My first labor was induced...and I layed in a hospital bed for 14 hours! 

To OP:  It could just be gas, try timing it like others have said.  You have some great advice here..but its the left side you are supposed to lay on, not the right side.  If your whole stomach tightens when you have the pain, it is probably a contraction.  Good luck, and wait it out as long as you can. The hospital beds aren't comfy!

Quoting Kristen1010:

My first delivery I was induced around 4:30-5:00 pm and had my son at 12:56am...  I didn't wait 20 hours! 

Quoting ainamama:

doulala
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:13 PM

I don't think it sounds like an emergency.   It seems like you should have some time to figure out what's up.

If you can drink a lot of water, eat a snack, and rest, try to time the contractions...    See how close they are.

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)