• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MY BABY HAS DROPPED AT 29 WEEKS!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Help for the past two weeks Ive been having a lot of changes, starting with the extremely painful bh contractions, and then my docs appt, when my doc discovered my cervix was thinning an soften, and then i notice long string mucus coming out of me (sorry) and then it seems like i always have this feeling to go pee now!! Has or is this happening to anyone else?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TruePuppyLove
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:37 AM

Sorry.  You are farther along than I am, but here is a BUMP for you! Good Luck!

Mommy2519
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:47 AM

i am due nov. 2nd and i feel completely different the past week or so...i feel like he has dropped i am so uncomfortable...i honestly feel like hes going to come early rather than on his due date

Schleetle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I'm not sure.... but I had my sons at just before 29 weeks, and they are healthy 6 year old boys. I really don't know about those symptoms though. Good Luck.

Pregnancy Ticker

aikenchic
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM

I am not quite 29 wks.  I have been having similar symptoms.  My son has dropped and come back up.  I have read other posts here on CM that refer to this.  It seems this is a normal occurrance.  Losing your mucus plug is also a normal occurrance.  It can evidently grow back.  My son feels like he is coming through my cervix right now but I have recently been checked and all is well.  Although the baby dropping and losing your mucus plug may be a normal occurrance, you might want to let your dr know if you haven't already, since you said that on your last visit your cervix was starting to thin.  I still think you might be a long way from delivery but I am by no means an expert at this (this is my 1st).  I am very calm about everything, though.  I figure I will know when it is actually time to give birth as women have been doing this way longer than before drs have been assisting.    Call your dr if you are worried.  That is what they get paid for.  Good luck sweetie.  I hope things go well for you!

DanielleAllen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I would call your doctor. I think that this is normal. I mean my cervix was thinning and everything at that stage. I was 3 to 4 cm for weeks with my first two. Just think that when the time comes you are a little bit ahead of the game!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)