Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sore and itchy throat!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM
  • 3 Replies

So for the past couple of days my throat has been sooo sore and itchy in the middle of the night, not to mention sneezing my head off and then when I wake up it's still sore! Is this a common thing during 2nd trimester or just in pregnancy in general?? I do have some antibiotics (Keflex) should I start taking them so that if its bacterial it will help knock it out? I really think it's allergy related though. It just really sucks. What should I do to help soothe it or to prevent it from happening? Thanks!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
flutterby6969
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:39 AM

Don't take any prescription meds without first talking to your doctor. It may just be a cold anyway, and anti-biotics are not needed. If you are feeling that bad, call the doctor, or make an appt. Keflex is used for skin infections mostly, and is not a good broad spectrum anti-biotic anyway. Hope you feel better soon!

LaurenMarie2307
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:41 AM

I totally agree, dont take any meds unless they are given to you by your doctor or reccomended by your doctor.....I was sick my entire 2nd trimester when I was pregnant with my son, fevers up to 102...all I could take was sudafed...Hope you feel better soon!

Petrick
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:10 AM

cut an end of a garlic clove and rub the clove of the end that you cut on your foot.  I hope you get better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)