Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

In serious pain.. any idea's?? PLEASE!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM
  • 5 Replies

Okay, so I am only 23 weeks and i already cant sleep at night.. but its not cuz im uncomfortable, its cuz I am in pain. I go to sleep and within an hour i wake up with shooting aching pains in my tummy..it even hurts for like two hours in the morning after i get out of bed, just from laying down all night.

I sleep on my side all the time, and try to stay on my left, but I have to switch off just to stay in bed. Is this much pain normal right now? Or should I be worried..?

If its normal and something i am just going to have to deal with, does anyone have any ideas on getting some sleep at night? I am so desperate!!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momma2-3boys
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I had the same pains when I laid down from about 24 weeks on. 

The only thing that helped was laying on my side with a huge pillow in between my legs or sleeping in our recliner.  My husbands recliner and I became best friends during my pregnancy. 

MJWard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:16 AM

Its prob ligament pain. I had that happen a few nights ago. My dr said to try to stay on my left side..so thats what I have been doing and it hasn't happened again. they also said ligament pain can be pretty sharp. but if it makes you feel better you can call your Dr to ask.

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

ineedadvice126
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:44 AM

Thanks lady's.. this is my first baby and i just never know if the stuff i am dealing with is normal. I never imagined that pregnancy would feel like this.. I have always thought of it as natural and like it would feel normal to have an expanding bumb on my stomache.. like the growing part wouldn't hurt. Lol. Maybe i should have done my research.

I will be getting a body pillow TODAY! every night it just keeps getting worse!

Yevora
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 9:57 AM

The first time around you experience a lot of different things.  The difference with me was that my first pregnancy everything was just fine, I didn't even feel pregnant.  I've never had morning sickness so it was just like I was gaining weight and then I started to feel him move.  Well, this second time, everything is different.  Still no morning sickness, but everything else is different between the pains and just plain feeling horrible.  Well, I had some of the same pains but my doctor said it was normal, some get it and some do not.  It is just your uterus and everything making room for a baby.  The first time may be worse because your body has not gone through that process before.  If it gets too painful, just talk to your DR about it just to be on the safe side.  My first prenancy I thought everything was fine, it was for the most part, but a month before I had my son I found out that my placenta aged too fast and then when I finally had him, the cord was around his neck.  So, do not feel bad asking your DR a LOT of questions especially your first time, you never know what may actually be important. 

pregnant bellyAlmost Over!

Mom2Jack04
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Look for a body pillow as well to put between your legs and to try to lay your belly on....basically snuggle up to the pillow.....it really helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)