Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any one had this problem at the doctor's?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM
  • 4 Replies

lately I've been going to my prenatal check up weekly since I'm a week away from my due date.

but apparently I'm still spilling protein. What I DON'T understand is, I had to do the 24 hour urine sample 4 times in a month so far.. and they haven't done anything about it.

I'm doing it today for the 4th time as we speak [not in the bathroom yet lmfao]

they just kept telling me it's a little elevated again, you'll have to do the 24 hour sample. uhm??? If it keeps doing it, don't you think you should try to find out what it is, instead of constantly making me take the damn samples over and over??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
riotgrrl
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:40 AM

It is a symptom of preeclampsia. There's not much they can do about except induce, and they won't want to induce unless it gets back enough that they have to induce. So basically what they are doing is monitoring you to see how bad it is. Hang in there mama.

doulala
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:02 PM

A lot of care providers swear by th Brewer Diet which increases moms health~ and protein.   It wards off the pre-e symptoms so mom can avoid the risks!

Pregnancy Diet

More info I found about pregnancy diets:

1. Get 80-100 grams of protein a day. Some excellent protein sources are whey protein, hemp protein, beans, peas, nuts and nut oils and butters, seeds and their oils, organic whole raw milk from grass fed cows or goats, organic vegetarian eggs from free range chickens (safe to eat raw), wild Alaskan salmon, organic whole milk dairy products & cheese (preferably raw), brewers yeast, wheat germ, wheat grass, aloe vera juice and of course animal meat if you are not vegetarian but please choose meat that is organic, free range, grass fed for the sake of the animal and to avoid feeding unnecessary antibiotics, hormones and other chemicals to your baby.

If you eat these items on a regular basis then not only will you have no problem meeting your protein requirement but you will also be getting a slew of other vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids that are crucial for proper fetal development.

2. Take a food based prenatal supplement, green superfood or both.

3. Take coral calcium with magnesium and take epsom salt baths for extra magnesium absorption

4. Drink tons of filtered water and do not limit your salt intake. Never use table salt whether you are pregnant or not. Always use sea salt or Himalayan crystal salt.

Even if you do everything right nutritionally, it is still very important to monitor your blood pressure and urine protein whether you are doing your own prenatal care or you are under the care of a midwife. If your levels or readings become elevated, it is important for you to remain vigilant as preeclampsia can quickly develop into a very dangerous, life threatening condition.

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

mamad122
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I agree with the first poster. So frustrating though. Hang in there- it really will be over soon!!

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:05 PM

i was about 28 weeks when they i had to start doing the urine catch every week. There isnt anything they can do about the protein but they do need to keep an eye on it because if it gets to high they will need to get the baby out. Its a symptom of pre-e which is not something you want. I had it very bad with my son they ended up having to do a section at 31 weeks because if it.

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)