• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be concerned?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM
  • 9 Replies

So each time I have had an u/s done my baby has had her arm over or by her face. The same arm. Would you be concerned that maybe her arm grew wrong or something? I had an u/s again last night and there she was again with her arm over face. Maybe I am over thinking this.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Schleetle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Babies seem to do that a lot... My nephew did that on his u/s, and my baby did it both ultrasounds. Even the baby on the prenoglogy siggy is doing it... I think they just like being curled up.

At my u/s the tech really had to wiggle my tummy to get the baby to move her arms, and she eventually put one down.

19 weeks:

21 weeks:

Pregnancy Ticker

2brats1chkymnky
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Thanks! I have 3 other kids but they never did this in their u/s's lol.

Quoting Schleetle:

Babies seem to do that a lot... My nephew did that on his u/s, and my baby did it both ultrasounds. Even the baby on the prenoglogy siggy is doing it... I think they just like being curled up.

At my u/s the tech really had to wiggle my tummy to get the baby to move her arms, and she eventually put one down.

19 weeks:

21 weeks:

baby growth

sdohara
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:35 PM

My baby wouldnt move his hand either.  But he did move it from his face to around his head.  I think if he can move from his face to over his head, he is ok.  I think a lot of babies are like this.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:37 PM

I don't have a pic on my comp but my LO had her hand by her face too at my u/s. 

doulala
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I will never forget--  my midwife (grrr!  lol!) told me that she felt something unusual on my baby's head.   (*I never had any ultrasounds, so I just had to trust her.)    She said it felt kinda big, on the side of the head.

My baby was born, fine & healthy, yayy.   But she'd always sleep with her hand near hear ear...  her habit.   I realized that was her "thing" before & after birth.

Hope your story is that simple, too.   ;-)

• We have a secret in our culture, and it's not that birth is painful. It's that women are strong.                                                                      ~Harm
  • Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.                                                                       ~Einstein
  • To know the way ahead, ask those coming back.  ~Chinese proverb

Shannan08
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:58 PM

My little boy was in the wierdest positions at every ultrasound! He even had both of his legs over his head! It was insane, but completely normal!

Thats him with his legs over his head, I guess he wanted to make sure we new he was a boy! haha

And here he finally moved so we could see his face but he had his legs tuck under his chin and his arms wrapped around! It was so cute!

JasonsMom2007
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:00 PM

When we went for my son´s 3D/4D ultrasound he had both hands in front of his face.  He ALWAYS had both hands in front of his face!  My mom was with us and told him ¨if you move your hands grandma will buy you a truck¨ so he moved his hands and put both feet there instead.  Little monster!  And he was fine btw :)

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:41 PM

dd did this too, during her ultrasounds! they said the girls do that, cuz they're practicing chatting on the phone(which she actually loves doing, lol) this one had its arms criss-crossed when the tech flipped over to 3d:

stellarluna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:44 PM

yes, you're over thinking mama!  Babies, much like any other human, have natural tendencies and positions they favor.  I'm positive that after this baby is born that they will often put their arm over their face like that when they sleep.  My niece has a similar tendency they observed with u/s too! 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)