Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extremely uncomfortable and sick of the pain!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM
  • 9 Replies

Ok so I am in the last of my pregnancy and I am sick of it! I can not sleep at night due to my hips and pelvic bone being in extreme pain! This is ridiculous! My baby is big and causing my to be in a lot of pain. During the day i have sharp pains in the pelvic area literally all day. This is not over exagerating I am seriously fed up, please someone give me advice on what to do and I dont want to hear deal with it cuz its worth it because this is extrememly painful and I am starting to get really moody from it.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
crowned_mom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:20 PM

how far along are you? have you talked to your doctor about this? maybe she can induce for you if you're in that much pain. i will agree that some parts in pregnancy just flat out suck.

baby
pregnancy due date
jasey929
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:21 PM

I won't tell you deal with it because that's what everyone is telling me, it will be over soon blah blah blah(I have 2 weeks left) and I am in the same boat. Every day  I wake up in a bad mood(that's even if I sleep) and I can't seem to drag myself out of it.  I get easily frustrated with my other 2 kids and DH and I'm just sick of thinking, "today is the day, when I get contractions but they don't stay regular and I think that's the most frustrating of all. Just know you are not alone in feeling that way!

lmstanko
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Still not quite far enough yet but I have huge babies and I have had ultrasounds wkly and all are consistant saying he is almost 8 lbs and I am only barely 36 wk, so no induction yet but they will not even think about inducing till 39 wks which irritates me

Quoting crowned_mom:

how far along are you? have you talked to your doctor about this? maybe she can induce for you if you're in that much pain. i will agree that some parts in pregnancy just flat out suck.

lmstanko
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Thank you for the understanding! And to think I still have up to 4 wks left of this is just crazy stuff especially since like i said he is already about 8 lbs, I have big babies. but this one is sitting a lot lower then my girls did so with those pregnancies I did not have this pain so i am not used to it. good luck to you and hopefully soon you will be able to meet your little one!

Quoting jasey929:

I won't tell you deal with it because that's what everyone is telling me, it will be over soon blah blah blah(I have 2 weeks left) and I am in the same boat. Every day  I wake up in a bad mood(that's even if I sleep) and I can't seem to drag myself out of it.  I get easily frustrated with my other 2 kids and DH and I'm just sick of thinking, "today is the day, when I get contractions but they don't stay regular and I think that's the most frustrating of all. Just know you are not alone in feeling that way!

Annette7931
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:05 PM

Do you have some kind of maternity support belt?  Its been working wonders for me.  My baby supposedly isn't that big, but since i've always been so small, even a small baby is making me feel like hell.  When i started using the maternity belt, it lifts my belly so i don't have to (leaving me with so much energy) and i don't know if its just my imagination or not but it seems to adjust her and keep her off my sciatica (sorry i have no clue how to spell that... but hopefully you know what i mean) and i don't feel nearly as much pelvis pain (it doesn't go away completely, but it is an improvement).  Other than that, have a warm (NOT HOT!) heating pad for when the pain gets really bad and place it on your side, esppecially as you're trying to sleep.  I'm a little over 39 weeks and on the days i decide not to wear the support belt (they do make you feel even hotter), i end up feeling exactly like you described.

Oh, and if you decide to try the support belt, you might wanna ask your doc.  I got mine covered by my insurance.  They're not that expensive, less than $30, but if you can get it free, why not give it a shot right?

zugichbaby6
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Im overdue and im going nuts!!!

pregnancy week by week
FlagMomNick
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:11 PM

more pillows!

I have had pillows under my belly, hips, between the knees plus the ones under my head & chest. I have hogged every spare pillow & stolen the ones from DH. He gave me dirty looks for it but I glared right back. it did help alot till I got past that achy stage. It can pass! Believe it or not gelatin is good for your joints.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 12:04 PM

I would try going to a chiropractor.  They are great when it comes to that kind of stuff.  I use to go all the time b/c I have hip issues pregnant or not.  I felt sooo much better when I went. 

your_angel
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Girl I know how you feel! The pelvic pain is by far the WORST. Everytime I tell my dr about it they just say theirs really nothing that can be done other than to try not to aggravate it. Which trust me you never know how much you use something until it hurts. Even turning over in bed is hell! Anyways just try to hang in there mama I know it is tough. My SO is tired of me complaining I just know it. I've been praying to let me have this baby soon cuz I'm miserable. I'm 36wk2d but she is almost 7.5lbs already so I can only imagine what she'd be if I carried till 40!

Just know that you're not alone and there is a light at the end of the tunnel. If I don't tell myself that on a day to day basis I swear I'd never make it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)