Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PLEASE HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am almost 36 weeks pregnant and this past weekend I started hurting really bad and thought I was in labor. I got to the hospital and they told me that I was having steady contractions, but the pain was unbearable it was so intense I was throwing up because it hurt so bad...so they ran tests and did a sonogram of my kidneys and found out that I had a kidney stone. They gave me pain medicine and it stopped my contrations. Now they tell me that since I am pregnant I will have to pass the stone on my own. They gave me pain medicine to take, and they told me that it wouldnt harm my baby. My little man has been moving fine, but I am scared if I keep taking the pain medicine it may stop my contractions all together and then what will happen? Some people have told me that it takes months to pass a kidney stone. I need some advice please I am really nervous!

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
maryinger
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:23 PM

don't fret. i was given pain meds during my pregnancy once for a severe onslaught of migraines and i STILL had contractions when i was taking them. take them as little as you can and try to rest and trust your body.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:24 PM

If you are truly in labor pain medicine will not stop anything.  With my last pregnancy I took pain med. for my back b/c it was so painful I couldn't take care of my 1 yo at the time.  I took it everyday and still went into labor 10 days early with her.  It didn't stop nothing. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)