Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dry hair during pregnancy

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

my hiar is really dry sicne i am pregnant.i use conditioner to help and i dont use the blow dryer unless i have to that is.

is tehre anything else i can do to get some mostiture back in my hair?

i have also read that eating yogurt cna help put mostiture abck in teh hair and that doesnt seem to help.

would getting my hair trimed at a salon would that help any?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Allikat86
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 12:53 PM

You can try a deep conditioner and i know that getting your hair at least trimmed every 6-8 weeks keeps your hair healthier.

jennarbuckle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:20 PM

I have had this same problem...and my hair is normally really oily. I get it trimmed often, and that doesnt seem to help either. I havent found anything that helps.....

Deanna188
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:28 PM

Getting your hair trimmed is always good. And I would def try a deep conditioner...Matrix makes a good one. I would put the conditioner on and wrap your hair in a wrap and leave it on as long as you can. Do it everyday for a week and see what happens....

Loverocks911
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:26 AM

When ever my hair gets dry i use olive oil. Sounds a bit odd but when your hair is so dry that it gets staticy after running your fingers though it, you'll do anything!

matthewsmommysd
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:31 AM

both my hair and scalp are dry so i use head and shoulders plus a conditioner that helps big time. i also know that you can use viatimin e oil that helps with nails and hair. they come in caplet form but i just squeeze a couple open and rub it through my hair and on my nails. it works big time.

dragonfly_gal
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 5:32 PM

thanks all.i wnet out and bought some relaly good panteen conditioner so lets hope that helps.

my hair doesnt get staticy  or anything its just that it feels really dry and brittle to the touch in all.i use conditioner but guess i dont use enough and i leave it in while i shave my legs and use the body saop so its in for about 10-15 min before washing it out.....

i saw this new conditioner so im gonna try it sicne it has vit E and avacodao in it to restore shine and softness to your hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)