Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She slipped and said "he" [[update ]]

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM
  • 19 Replies

Well , i went to my "big" ultrasound yesterday, and since all my sisters were at my u/s to find out my son was a boy, i wanted them to be there, well they couldnt...so i had the idea of having the u/s tech write the sex of the baby on a paper in an envolope and me, my mom and my sisters were going to dinner after and we would open the envolope there, so i could find out with them... well as she was going the ultrasound, she slipped and said "he, i mean the baby...." well i was devestated, even though i had the feeling it was a boy, i was praying for a girl...i honestly was scared to find out it was a boy because i would of been devestated!!!!!! my heart was 150% set on a girl....

so i get to dinner and even tell my sisters," its a boy we already know.".. but anyways we went ahead and had my little nephew thats 8 open it and read it... and he said GIRL!  on the little yellow piece of paper in big letters with a heart dotting the i , it said Girl!   , right before he opened it i shoved a piece of calamari in my mouth, well that came right out as i broke down crying, balling my eyes out because i got everything i wanted!!!!! Then i cried when i got to babies r us after dinner to buy some girl clothes, then i cried when i told my fiance, and cried when i told my friend... it feels too good to be true... i am now the mommy of a perfect 6 month old boy and a little girl in the baking <3 =]

oh and i forgot to add how important this u/s was to me too because i was a heavy smoker before i was pregnant and didnt find out till quite far along, then i couldnt quite cold turkey, so i cut back little by little until just recently stopped..for the past 3 weeks ive only had 2 1/2 cigs which is amazing for me, and so far its been a week since i even had one.... and im going strong for my baby girl =] But this u/s ment a lot to see that my baby girl was growing well and perfectly healthy!!!! i was so worried they were going to tell me she was too small or somthing like that!!!! So my little princess is perfect, healthy and most of all a girl lol

-Mommy of AJ Melendez & Ciela Leilani Melendez

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DelilahsMom4108
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:47 PM

thats great congrats!!!

TigerBaby69
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:48 PM

Awwwww that made me cry!!!
I was planning on a little boy because we have 3 girls only one that is mine biologically and we have a granddaughter on the way. When the U/S tech asid its a girl I cried half because I was upset I wasn't getting my boy and half because I felt guilty for saying I didn't want a girl.
I am so happy for you and that would have been the best suprise ever! CONGRATS!!!

babies
babies
MJWard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:49 PM

OMG SOOOO EXCITING!!! and a great story!

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

ashleykilleen
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 1:50 PM

AWWWW Congrats momma!! I bet she said "he" just to get your goat,lol.

-ash

CafeMom Tickers

~Look how far my Little Man has Come~

~*Ashley*~

*Loving Wifey To Chris*

~Wonderful Mommy To Sheamus~

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Aww that's so great!! That was a great story and I didn't see the girl coming!

elismom122003
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Awe that is so awesome!  I am so happy for you! I just had my little girl 2 weeks ago. I have a 5 year old son already and was told boy to begin with during a quick ultrasound. Then 2 weeks later and every ultrasound after it was def. a girl. I had always dreamed of that girl, so I know how you felt when you got that news! It is awesome! Congrats!

QueenTo6
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:20 PM

AWWWW wow.Glad its a perfectly healthy baby.And that it is a girl is an added bonus.Congrats

shruggingPraying baby #7 sticks!!
Twilight Addict,Scrapbook Nut,Coupon user,Crunchy mamma
To 6 wonderful children 17,13,9,7,5,3 and 2 angels in heaven

wilmoreswifey
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I'm glad you looked in the envelope!! I am pregnant with my first and it's a boy which I am thrilled with, but it's so hard not to look at baby girl clothes they are SO cute! Have fun shopping!! simple smile

expecting baby Gunner Gauge Wilmore Dec 20th

logunsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Most u/s techs call the babies he, until they determine it.. he is just easy to roll of the toungue..but she had you fooled.  Sorry it was disappointing at the moment!  BUT... it turned out GREAT!

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM

Congrats = ) I have my big us on the second(next wednessday) and I cant wait.  I already have a two year old daughter sooo I am hoping for a boy this time = )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)