• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

absolutely no sleep this week

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM
  • 5 Replies

Okay... I just spilled hot soup on my hand, dropped all the silverware on the floor, and did not empty the trash successfully... all today due to NOT HAVING ANY SLEEP!

I'm not uncomfortable... I just can't sleep!!!!  It's been so bad this week.  Last night I went to bed (tired) about 8:30. I just laid there until 6:30am.  Then I had think I dozed for a minute before the alarm went off at 7am.  Well, I cancelled my plans b/c I was so dang tired.

The last few hours I've been trying to lie in bed and REST but kinda hard to do when I know it's daytime!

Any suggestions to getting some sleep?  I tried a hot bath two nights ago.   Nothing.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MJWard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:33 PM

I know some women don't like to take things during pregnancy but my Dr told me to take Tylenol PM or benadryl and it was the only thing to help me.

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

tatinbriansmom
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:39 PM

A long walk always wears me out and i end up falling asleep. A good swim does the trick too. I have tried the regular tylenol for when im in  pain, it doesnt seem to work for the pain but it relaxes me to the point that i fall asleep.

Schleetle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:47 PM

I have to make the room really cool at night with the a/c, and ceiling fan, and use pillows under my left side.

Pregnancy Ticker

ycnim
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 11:45 PM

Boy would I love a swim.  That would definitely do the trick!  Don't have a pool :(

I just returned from walking all over our county fair, so hopefully that will help my body to want to sleep tonight! 

Praying for some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's tonight!

flutterby6969
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 8:02 AM

I am not advocating that you go this route right away, but I have had serious sleep problems for years. My doc says that Ambien is very safe. It is so safe in fact, that everytime I have been in the hospital for this pregnancy, the nurses always ask if I want one if I am not sleeping by 11:00 or 12:00. I asked them about it too, and they said it is one of the safest and most prescribed meds for pregnant women! You can take it as needed, when it's been a day or two and you're desperate for sleep and breaking the cycle of insomnia! Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)