• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much longer do you think I have? Please read

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

I think I'm in pre labor or early labor I was just wondering how much longer I have to wait until the baby is REALLY coming.  About a week ago I lost my mucous plug. So far this week I have had contractions all the time, low back pain, leg pain. Ive been going to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day. And last night I started nesting.  I have 2 other kids but I've never been in labor. So I was wondering how long you guys had these symptoms before you when into hard labor?

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
2009mami2alex
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM

i lost my moucous plug a few time started around 30 weeks... and i started having contractions at 34 weeks...had my baby by induction at 39 weeks... you never know... you can keep these symptoms for hours and go in labor or weeks

stellarluna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:10 PM

It varies SO much from woman to woman.  I was actually pretty depressed feeling the day my water broke with number two, and my first I was feeling great and so happy, and had a burst of energy.  Some feel a sudden nausea right before while others notice nothing.  If you just want an opinion I'd say this week, but how far along are you?  And how far along were you with other pregnancies if that applies?  You just really never know mama.  The frequent contractions sounds like you're within the week, but no one on here can say for sure--that's just based on personal experience and what I've read.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

momma2boys610
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM

not to depress you but I lost my plug and then for 3 weeks I was the same way you are describing, I was really in labor, but my sons arm was up by his face and his albow was sticking out to the side pressing on my cervix, so my contractions couldn't get hard enough to make me progress any further than 5 cm.  I finally was induced and that is what did it!! I still had him vaginally but it was 3 weeks of pain for me.  I guess I should note that I was hoping for a home birth with him, but when my water was broke for 2 days my midwife couldn't care for me anymore and I had to be transferred.  All was well with me and the baby, I just need the extra help from pitocin!!  I know you won't go that long, cause most ob's won't let you , but that's my story.  Hope you go into active labor REAL SOON!! Good luck and happy, healthy, easy birth to you!!!!

devlinCEO
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:17 PM

The doctors cant really make up their minds as to how far along I am. the keep changing it. I'm about 36 to 38 weeks. Last appointment they said 37.  With the other pregnancies I had them at 36weeks and 38 weeks but I never went into labor.  The first one was an emergency c section and the second was also a c section. 

Quoting stellarluna:

It varies SO much from woman to woman.  I was actually pretty depressed feeling the day my water broke with number two, and my first I was feeling great and so happy, and had a burst of energy.  Some feel a sudden nausea right before while others notice nothing.  If you just want an opinion I'd say this week, but how far along are you?  And how far along were you with other pregnancies if that applies?  You just really never know mama.  The frequent contractions sounds like you're within the week, but no one on here can say for sure--that's just based on personal experience and what I've read.

devlinCEO
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:34 PM

bump

stellarluna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:43 PM

IDK mama, you could still have a couple of weeks on this one.  Are you going for a VBAC?  Good luck to you.  Just try to rest as much as possible and get those final things done to be sure, but like I said, it's so different from woman to woman, so no one here can really tell you how close you are.  All we can do is tell you our stories.  You are so close though, I'd just relax!  

Quoting devlinCEO:

The doctors cant really make up their minds as to how far along I am. the keep changing it. I'm about 36 to 38 weeks. Last appointment they said 37.  With the other pregnancies I had them at 36weeks and 38 weeks but I never went into labor.  The first one was an emergency c section and the second was also a c section. 

Quoting stellarluna:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Lilcountrygrl86
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I honsotly dont even remember losing my mucus plug with my daughter....all I remember is that I was 5 days past my due date and had a check up....they told me if I didnt have her by the weekend( it was thursday) that they were gonna induce me on monday morning...but after my appointment I felt different all day long, ended up goin to the hospital aruond midnight and had her @ 5:30 friday morning.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:29 PM

With my 1st I woke up at 4am and when I sat up my water broke with a big gush.

With my 2nd I didn't feel right and I lost my mucus plug with some blood in it and had her that day. 

doulala
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM

There is just no way to say...     :-/

Some moms have intense & regular contractions 4 minutes apart--  for 2 weeks before progressing on.   And some go through the "usual" motions and see their baby within 24 hours...

There is every possibility in between.

Stay strong, stay patient, your baby appreciates this!  ;-)

And GOOD LUCK!!!

Birth is not only about making babies. Birth is about making mothers ~ strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and know their inner strength.

~Barbara Katz Rothma

When you change the way you view birth, the way you birth will change. -Mongan

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)