• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Dr appt...dissapointed

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM
  • 6 Replies

Well, it went pretty good. Said everything looks good so far. Wasn't able to hear the heartbeat this time...she said at 9 weeks its kinda 50/50. But, we'll definitly hear it next week.

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
stellarluna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:14 PM

my sister didn't hear the heartbeat until 13 weeks, so I wouldn't worry too much about this.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I understand how disappointing that is.. Are you having the u/s next week or are you just going in for the heartbeat?

SarahDx2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:21 PM

It will be ok! I remember when I heard the heartbeat the first time I cried because it made it feel so real to me, although.... I thought there was an echo in the background but it turns out I was (still am) having twins! cool idea for you though, record it with your cell phone I did that and I also brought in an Mp3 recorder and got it on that as well.

arkansasmama08
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:22 PM

i only get one u/s so that's the big one at like 20 weeks. My next appt is in 4 weeks, and she said we'd get to hear it then. She told me she only wants me to gain about 20 lbs too, and I've gained 2 so far lol. Both of my other babies I gained close to 50. So, we'll see.

CafeMom Tickers
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I know how you feel. I gained 50-60 w/Elijah so this one I'm trying to minimize my weight gain. I'm already at 2-3lbs so I'm trying to watch it.

Quoting arkansasmama08:

i only get one u/s so that's the big one at like 20 weeks. My next appt is in 4 weeks, and she said we'd get to hear it then. She told me she only wants me to gain about 20 lbs too, and I've gained 2 so far lol. Both of my other babies I gained close to 50. So, we'll see.

robin1725
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Yeah, I was 10 weeks when I heard my baby's heart beat for the first time.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)