Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pink nursery, purple flowery carseat, fully prepared for a BOY

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM
  • 12 Replies

So they told us this baby would be girl #3 for us.  The ultrasound tech sounded confident.  however I am not convinced.  The nurery is pink, I just bought a new carseat today and its purple with pink flowers.  I am totally convinced now that just because I have all that girly stuff its going to be a boy. I guess I am having a paranoid moment.  Anybody else?

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is also a government big enough to take from you all that you have." - Gerald Ford

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety  deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.  We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream.  It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."  - Ronald Reagan

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
robin1725
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:38 PM

I have those moments here and there but I have had 3 ultrasounds all saying girl. So, I really hope she is a girl....her nursery is very girly! Try not to worry too much...they are almost always right.

CafeMom Tickers
Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:31 PM

I'm very confident we are having a girl.  I saw the 3 lines at the u/s and I have pictures pointing to it.  Nothing in between her legs what so ever.  Plus this is our 3rd girl too.  So I'm not too shocked to hear it's another girl. 

Tiffaney2004
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:34 PM

i'm doing the opposite, I am preparing for a boy. We have a daughter who is 5 but for some reason I have a feeling it is a boy. We haven't had another ultrasound confirming either way but it's in my gut. With my luck though it will be a girl and I'll disappointed. (Of course i will love it either way but I have my heart set on a boy)

RamonsWife
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:52 PM

yup, I'm the SAME way!  I saw the 3 lines on the ultrasound, but, I'm still thinking that I'm gonna go into the delivery room and the doctor's gonna say "oops, its a BOY!"  That would devastate me, I'm SOOO looking forward to my baby girl!

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:22 PM

i knew i was having a girl last time, and the ultrasound confirmed, and she came out a girl. mama just knows. we are not finding out this time...just at each ultra sound have them check again and again. w/ jade, we bought gear in neutral colors, knowing we would use it for the future kids....hope the tech was right, since u have everything set up!! GL!

Schleetle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:46 PM

My gut feeling is girl, and thats what I've been told. I would be completely shocked if she was a boy.

Pregnancy Ticker

logunsmommy
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 6:49 PM

Well, if you end up having a boy, just put a blue blanket in the carseat... hide the girl stuff... lol  As for the room.. well... that would have to be painted. I don't think he would like a pink bedroom.  But...if the tech was pretty sure, then they are probably right.   I would still have a few things boy if your gut is saying boy so strongly. 

rileysmomma17
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:03 PM

omgosh i did this same thing with my daughter. I bought everything pink and the whole time im like what if shes a boy so when they were delivering her (csection) i was just waiting for them to say boy but they said "shes beautiful!" i was sooo relieved! 

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

I am a single 21 year old, pro-life, semi co-sleeping, bottle/formula feeding, total vaccinating, disposable diapering, rear facing, spanking if needed, CIO , young hard working mommy to a beautiful babygirl named Riley and expecting my second child January 8th. I dont judge anyone for what they choose so i hope you respect me for the ways i choose even if you dont agree with them :-)

marriedmomma3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:06 PM

Keep all receipts. I was told I was having a girl.. and "she" had a penis

pregnancy due date

baby

babies
Allebas
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:18 PM

I LOVE your title!! THAT is TOOOO CUTE!!! : ) Well--we had FOUR BOYS!!! I was VERY, VERY SHOCKED when I got pregnant with our fifth and FINAL baby when the ultrasound tech said, "ITS A GIRL!!!" LOL!! LOL!! I REALLY THOUGHT I was having a girl, but still was NOT 100% believing as I ALREADY had 4 BOYS!!  I asked if she was SURE, and she said she has ONLY been wrong ONCE in 25 years of doing ultrasounds!!! I also brought the pictures home and compared the 'girl parts' to the ultrasound pic of my oldest son, and they look TOTALLY, TOTALLY DIFFERENT!! I also did the ring on a string trick--it was RIGHT for ALL 4 of my boys, and for my DD!!! When she was born, I even asked my Dr. "Is it REALLY A GIRL?" She said, "YES!! ITS REALLY A GIRL!!" LOL!! LOL!!  If you are interested in the ring on a string trick just PM me and I will tell you about it!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)