Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways to for sure start labor without using castor oil?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are there any methods that you ladies have tried to start labor that worked? I want to keep castor oil as my last resort.

If I want my midwife I need to have my baby around 38-39 weeks or else I get a different one so if I don't start labor on my own I want to try some other things to help it along!

pregnancy calendar

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
azn_ladie82
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Sex usually does the trick. You can also drive around all the bumpy roads to help as well.

~ SAHM to Jordan (4), Jayden (2), Justin (1) & 2 Angel Babies ~
riotgrrl
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:53 PM

Talk to your midwife about what DIY methods they recommend. None of them work for sure, and all of them have some degree of risk to either yourself or the baby. Make sure your provider is familiar and comfortable with any induction technique you might try. Spicy foods, walking and sex are all harmless, but won't put you into labor unless you are ready to go on your own any way.

stellarluna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Sex and walking; however, there are no "for sure" ways if baby isn't ready to come

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

starrynight819
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 2:57 PM

sex. sex worked for me. i went into labor on her due date and had her at 516am the next morning!

When you get done doing the deed, keep the semen inside of you and put your legs up on a wall, with a pillow under your hips, lay there for 30 minutes, it will soften your cervix.

discokittten
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I tried absolutely everything because my blood pressure was starting to get really, really high around 37 weeks. She was due the 22nd, I went and had acupuncture the 12th and she was born on the 13th. Granted, she was a c-section because her little 10.5 lb body wouldn't come out and my blood pressure had reached 220/115 BUT the acupuncture totally worked!

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:52 PM

With my last pregnancy I had my membranes stripped and it put me into labor. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)