Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Got the SH** scared out of me at the doctor office today!!

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I had my appt today. She had the doppler to listen to the babys heartbeat well she puts it on my belly and NOTHING!!  I mean dead silence so she moves it around and still NOTHING, So she says lets go to the ultrasound. By this time I am already freaking out cause thats every pregnant womens worst fear is to NOT hear that sound. So I go in and wait til she comes in to do the ultrasound and there it is the little baby just a flipping and flopping around. She was barely able to get a pic so I could see the heart beating away. Talk about a big relief. I was so scared that something had happened. But nope the baby is just a moving everywhere so it wouldn't pick it up.

Pregnancy ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heidi_val
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:13 PM

That has happened to me, atleast you got an ultrasound. my doctor always says we'll get it next time and I have to wait a week. 

eskimokissesXO
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:14 PM

Wow! I wonder what the deal was with the heart doppler thing? That would totally freak me out too. So glad everything's great!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Kory0612
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I had that happen with my first. It was terrifying. Plus my office was getting a new u/s machine that day so it wasn't hooked up and they sent me to the hospital! It was the longest drive of my life. It was so horrible. She's a happy healthy 2 year old now. little booger! So glad yours turned out good as well! :)

shesgot4kidz
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:23 PM

that happened to me too with my 2nd it was scary! glad your baby is alive and well :) congrats

ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:41 PM

That must have been scary! I'm glad that everything's ok tho. That happened while I was in labor w/Elijah, he moved and they couldn't find his heartbeat, but things were fine.

Schleetle
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Phew! I'm glad the baby is okay.

Pregnancy Ticker

Leeann3110
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM

This also happened to me with this pregnancy my little boy was just moving around too much for them to catch up to him lol. I know all about it really scaring the S**t out of you lol. 

pregnancy calendar
mamad122
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM

You poor thing!! I would TOTALLY freak b/c I use a Birthing Center and they don't do U/S so I would have had to either wait until my next appointment or go to the hospital the next day. Talk about stress! SOOOOO glad all is well with your little peanut:))

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

stellarluna
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:06 PM

whew!  yeah, that would give me a mini heart attack at 14 weeks!  I'm so glad it turned out ok for you!  What a crappy few minutes that was!  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:07 PM

i dread this too! glad everything is OK, tho. my doc hasn't tried to use a doppler on me yet. my office is so freakin' cool...last time i went, they were like, let's just do an ultrasound!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)