Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Telling your employer...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM
  • 2 Replies

What happened when you told your employer that you were pregnant?

I told my boss today and I got a congratulations.. and I just received and email and it said the basic congratulations on your pregnancy and then it went on about other things (I can't say much as it's confidential) but it was just the coldest congrats.. It makes me kinda sad..

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
golther
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM

When my "boss"(The teacher in the main classroom that I was working in) found out I was pregnant I got banned from the room. I was a substitute aide and worked in the severely handicapped class. He didn't want me getting hurt or have the kids realize that I was pregnant because then my baby could end up hurt. But I did work in other classes with higher functioning children and that was fine and as far as everyone else goes they were happy for me!!

iamcafemom83
by Silver Member on Aug. 25, 2009 at 5:10 PM

i told my immediate boss that i was prego in like my 6th or 8th week, in case i was going to be out w/ morning sickness ( i was , twice!), and she was really excited! i've never had issues with them as far as family situations go, im lucky. they really shouldn't purvey that feeling towards you, tho, it's an exciting time! and, btw, here's a very warm CONGRATS!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)