Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possibly another dumb question...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM
  • 4 Replies

how much of your weight gain is actually "baby" like..placenta, water etc?

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MissMelissa89
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:31 PM

At first, about 10 pounds is water weight and then baby weight is however much the baby weighs if that makes sense, so basically when you have the baby, you should lose however much they weigh+10 pounds water weight+about 5 pounds placenta weight...the rest is just cushioning I guess!

MissMelissa89
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:33 PM

If you look at any week by week thing on your babys developement it should tell you how much the baby weighs at that time period, like mine says my baby is about 3 ounces right now at 3 months

MJWard
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:42 PM

Quoting MissMelissa89:

At first, about 10 pounds is water weight and then baby weight is however much the baby weighs if that makes sense, so basically when you have the baby, you should lose however much they weigh+10 pounds water weight+about 5 pounds placenta weight...the rest is just cushioning I guess!

lol ya I figured the weight of the baby because obviously that differs I just meant placenta and stuff. Im 20 weeks and haven't changed anything about eating and have actually cut down on my workouts a LOT but I still haven't gained weight (not that im complaining lol)... so I was wondering if i lost weight but it evens out with what the baby/other baby stuff so far.

Follow me to a healthier tomorrow! Togeather we can make a change!Mommy weight be gone 
                      CafeMom Tickers

marriedmomma3
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:44 PM

about 17-20 lbs

pregnancy due date

baby

babies
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)