Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you dilate more or even sooner the more kids you had?

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM
  • 8 Replies

Did you dilate more or even sooner the more kids you had?  With my 1st I was dilated at 2cm by 37 weeks and with my 2nd I was dilated at 3cm by 37 weeks.  It's been 5 years since I've had a kid.  So I don't know if that affects anything or not.  I know dilating doesn't mean much but to me I see it is when I go into labor I would like to be closer to 10cm as possible.  :)

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 7:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mzcinn
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:09 AM

The more kids you have the sooner you start to dilate. When i had my daughter 6 yrs ago i was "4 stretch to 5"  for almost 2 months before i had her.It did help me have her. my labor was about 58 minutes long. 3 good pushes and there she was.

*~*~Cinnamon B*~*~

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:14 AM

wow.  i would love to have a short and easy labor!  that would be awesome!

Quoting mzcinn:

The more kids you have the sooner you start to dilate. When i had my daughter 6 yrs ago i was "4 stretch to 5"  for almost 2 months before i had her.It did help me have her. my labor was about 58 minutes long. 3 good pushes and there she was.

riotgrrl
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:18 AM

I start dilating earlier each time, but not much further before labor started. I start dilating early in the third trimester, but stop at about 3 cm and stay that way for weeks.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Ya I stayed at 2cm & 3cm till I had my girls.  I was just curious if other moma's with more kids dilate more each time.  The closer to 10cm the better when that time comes.  :)

Quoting riotgrrl:

I start dilating earlier each time, but not much further before labor started. I start dilating early in the third trimester, but stop at about 3 cm and stay that way for weeks.

MommaTiff23
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM

when I had my first I ony dilated a half a centimeter,so I ended up being induced. This time I'm hoping to dilate more and go into labor on my own. But i wont know if i've started until monday when they do my first cervix check. I'm excited! YAY!

shesgot4kidz
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 1:57 PM

oh yes! with my first i was induced for medical reasons but i went from 4-10cm in only 10 mins! with my 2nd i went to the hospital thinknig i was in labor and sure enough i was 7-8cm. with my third i was a close 4 at only 36 weeks!!! im pregnant again and im sure il dilate even quicker :)

Bmomma2
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:50 PM

with #1 I was 4 cm dialated for like 4 weeks...with #2 I was 40 weeks and 3 days pregnant and they said I was still pretty closed up...she was born 48 hours later after a short fast labor.  I am due tomorrow with #3 and just got back from the MW.  She says I am thin, very soft, and a good cm dialated.  It really doesn't predict anything though.

pregnancy due date
Shan1016
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 3:32 PM

Well with my last one which was my 3rd I dialted to 3cm at 28 weeks, I went into preterm labor it was stopped though but when the time came I dialted fast I was fully dialted by the time I got to the hosital which was at 37 weeks.

The nurse told me you can dialte sooner the more children you have

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)