Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sharp pain in lower left abdomen...

Posted by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi ladies- I am 12 weeks pregnant today, I was just sitting and watching TV w hubby when I started getting stabbing pains in the lower left side of my abdomen. I am not constipated because I have been recently having normal bowel movements. I called and left a message with the answering service at the obgyns office but this is making me worried- as I am also having some back pain. I am ready to go to the hospital but DH doesn't think I need too.... I guess I am just wondering if I am over reacting or if DH is dead wrong? 

CafeMom Tickers

expecting baby# 2 EDD 3/10/2010

by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
nokesmomof2
by on Aug. 25, 2009 at 8:54 PM

idk momma so heres a bump

have kids born in 06&08 come join my group please
http://www.cafemom.com/group/momsof06and08
mountainlaurel
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Could be kidney stones.  They are much more common in pregnancy and are supposed to feel like sharp pains.  And the doc said back pain that radiates down the legs is usually kidney related.  Drink lots of water and see if it helps.

mamad122
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Back pain even this early can be completely normal. Especially if it's not your first pregnancy the sharp pains could just be from the baby growing and stretching everything again. My midwife has been telling me that woman feel more uncomfortable with each pregnancy, oh yay! I would wait and see what the OBGYN's office said before I rushed in :-) *HUGS*

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

Pipersmom2006
by on Aug. 26, 2009 at 2:46 PM

CONGRATS ON BEING PREG!!!! Probably normal, but if ur worried, go to the ER; especially if ur high-risk, or have had preg complications b4 (tubal, miscarriage). I know u DON'T want 2 hear it, but @ 12wks if it IS a miscarriage, all they do is stablize you, refer to the preg as "products of conception", give u instructions to f/u w/ ur primary care, & info on "spontaneous abortion". Been there, done that & it SUCKED. Sadly, there's not a lot more they CAN do @ that point. Or, it could be round ligament pain, kidneys, ovaries...too many possibilities. Either way, prompt attention can relieve your mind, & if it IS a problem, maybe bedrest & progesterone can help; it did the 3rd & 4th x for us. My girls are both fine, but if we'd waited, we'd have lost them too. Good luck Momma!

Pi's Mom

Shan1016
by on Aug. 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM

I get those sharp pains if I get up to quickly 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)