Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever known you were preg way before you could test for it??! help!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 AM
  • 7 Replies

We have just decided we want 3 children..luckily, because I have been suspecting I am pregnant anyway for a little over a week.  I don't know the date of my lmp because I was on the pill and missed one.  Then I bled every 2 weeks a ton for a bout a month and a half.  because of all the weird things from that I got off the pill the last time I bled which was about a month ago. 

Anyway, for a little over a week now my breasts have been pretty sore and getting more and more sore everyday.  I have had cramping for about 3-4 days now .  Dull twingy cramping all day long and no period is coming.  I have also felt extremely bloated (which is a new one for me..but apparently another symptom).  I have been extremely tired to the point where I am falling asleep everyday at some point.  Granted, I haven't been getting as much sleep as I need, but I can usually get through it.  The last time I couldn't control it like this was when I was pregnant with my daughter.  Now this morning and tonight I have felt nauseous and tonight i swallowed for like 10 mins till I couldn't hold it in anymore and puked.  I was pretty sick with both of my other pregnancies as well.  All signs point to being pregnant..the thing is, I have tested TWICE and both were negative!?  WTH is going on?  I don't know if I have quite passed the 'missed your period' date yet..I just know I have been having symptoms for a little more than a week.  I tested on Tuesday and again tonight after I threw up because I thought for sure since I'm puking it ought to show up right? 

Is it possible to be pregnant and it is just not showing up yet?  Is it really possible to feel symptoms THAT early on?  I think the last time we had sex or like 2nd to last time anyway was about 2 weeks ago and I think that would have been the one that did it.  We normally have sex more but I just have felt funny and the bloating is making me really uncomfortable.  I knew early on with both of my other children, just not THIS early.  Is it possible I am still testing too early?  help!  I know you can't tell me if I am pregnant..but is it possible it's too early to tell, even though I've had these symtoms over a week now?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Ok, I have to go to bed and bump this in the AM.  too tired to wait..pls help someone though!  Or have you ever gotten a negative result when you were in fact pregnant?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Yes, I knew I was pregnant with my first and second pregnancy before testing, but my husband still made me take a hpt before I got the one done by the doctor because our parents didn't believe us. Maybe you are testing too early but then sometimes the hpt doesn't always work, make an appointment to get a blood test done to know for sure.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:39 AM

I knew i was pregnant a week after conceiving. I felt like I was coming down with the cold and had sore boobs and i NEVER get that with my periods so I knew. But i didnt get a positve for awhile but indeed ended up being pregnatn with our daughter. So just give it time as hard as that is to say.

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:52 AM

I would test again with first morning urine.  I got a BFN at 10 DPO and a BFP 2 days later so it is possible you just tested too early.  With my last two pregnancies I knew way before I got the positive test, the sore boobs were my main symptom and that started only a few days after conception.  Good luck!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:54 AM

i would wait 1 week test again if stil neg and stilll no monthly i would go to ur ob or planned parent hood and get a blood test ..b4 i got prego i thought i was at least 3 times missed period nauses achy sore breast and then like a week or 2 later my monthly came so it ws all in my head i was hoping i was pregnant so my body mocked the symptoms so if i were you i would wait a week or so test again if neg go to docs for blood test!! good luck

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:13 PM

with my first dd, I seriously got MS the day after we conceived, Implataion bleeding occured a week later, but my test didn't show positive until I was about 7 weeks along but I had a gut feeling that I was preggo before any test could show it, then with my second dd, I knew a month before my test came back positive, my first ob appt. with her I was about 7-8 weeks with this pregnancy I had no idea, the last few months I have had every freaking sign of a pregnancy and I wasn't pregnant than this month I seriously thought it wasn't going to be our month because I just didn't feel it, no signs no nothing, the only reason I tested was because I felt like AF was on her way and when I wiped there was nothing so I tested and it came back positive within 30 secs. So with my oldest 2 dds yea I knew before a test showed it and this one I was totally shocked, I still don't "feel" pregnant.

Pregnancy ticker

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:10 PM

I got my first symptom when I was 2 weeks prego (felt like what I had eaten the night before was still in my stomach)  , took a test that morning and it was positive. 

~ Loving my life as a Mommy and a Wife ~

in love toddler boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)