Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yoga Mama?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:12 AM
  • 7 Replies

Does anyone do yoga? Im in NEED of some help. I feel like a 90 yr old woman in a 23 yr old's body. Im 28 weeks preggo but I can barely move. If I sit down I feel like an old creaky woman getting up. Sometimes I can barely get up at all if I lay on the floor or the wrong way on the couch. I was going to try yoga to help me stretch a lil. I was just wondering if it worked for anyone? Or how you felt about it?

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ElijahsMom211
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:18 AM

I don't know if it works, but I'm planning on starting it on Monday. I know how you feel when you say a 90yo stuck in a 23yo body.. I have felt like that for 5yrs, I'm only 24.

Mama_Kirch
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Well def let me know how you feel. Im think Im going to start Monday too. After my busy weekend I might need it anyway.

robin1725
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:13 PM

I was going to the gym for a while but I no longer have the energy for it. Pre-pregnancy I used to do a lot of pilates and yoga and always loved it. So, I bought a prenatal yoga video and have been doing it three times per week and I feel great!!! I'm not achy or as tired which is so nice!!! The video that I have has three different women doing it and you follow the one for whatever trimester you are in....I'm just about 28 weeks too so I am switching from the second trimester positions to the third trimester positions. You will love it and it does help with your energy as well. Give it a try...you won't regret it!

CafeMom Tickers
BrunetteMomma
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I did it my entire pregnancy and lightly jogged as well and I had an amazing short delivery and although i had a few pains throughout the pregnancy i cant imagine how i would have felt not doing all that stuff. yoga strengthens and tones your entire body, hard int he very beginning but stick with it, its fabulous!

discokittten
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I do! Twice a day! My 14 month old does it with  me in the morning and we LOVE it :) It makes me feel really, really great. I just feel so much more alive during this pregnancy than I did with my first. I started a little late in the game when I was carrying my daughter, but I started the DAY I found out  I was pregnant this time around. I have a really awesome video and a few books. I'd recommend just getting a video from the library or something and starting with that. Usually, with most of the prenatal yoga videos I've seen there are three different women, one in each trimester, for you to follow depending on how far along you are. Also, if you start with a video you just turn it off or skip parts that are a little too tricky for you! Good luck! It's so much fun!

~* I'm a Young Married PostCollegeEducated Breastfeeding Vaccinating - NoCIO Overly Caffeinated STAHM to a Huge Adorable Loud Spirited little lady*~Johanna Margaret *June 13, 2008*10lbs 5.2 oz 21.5 inches baby girl

Mama_Kirch
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 8:22 PM

Awesome! I bought a video when I was pregnant with my 3 yr old and I think I used it once but I worked full time so I barely had a chance now Im a SAHM and I feel so lazy, tired, and achy so I really hope it helps!! 

Mama_Kirch
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 2:05 PM

Ok so I finally tried Yoga Mama and its harder than it looks but then again I've never done yoga and Im soooo out of shape. Im going to keep doing it everyday so I can get better and just doing it today helped my hips a lot! Thanks everyone!

Im 23, proud and faithful wife, circumsizing, spanking, non co-sleeping, CIOing, cuddling when crying, disposible diapered, forward facing at 2, kool-aid giving, going to be public schooling, medicated birthing, pro-choice, non practicing Roman Catholic, Republican, opinionated, previously bisexual, tattooed, going back to college, due November 22nd with boy #2, stay at home mom of a 3 yr old boy. Im madly in love with my college sweetheart and he is my sexy, super daddy, soldier.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)