Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions for moms who live in the "warmer" states

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM
  • 12 Replies

My little man is due in January and I live in Florida and there are some days when its nice and other days thats its 20 degress (yes it does get that cold here lol) so I'm not really sure what to buy him as far as clothes go. I'm new at this! I thought I'd just buy t-shirts and then a cute little jacket for the colder days but I really don't know?? help!!!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaCeleste0722
by Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM

I live in TX. In Jan, some days it's warm and the next day could be cold LOL Anyway, as far as clothes, I had my boys in long sleeve rompers, or sleepers.

Mena929
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:48 AM

Lots of onsies!!!! You will go through tons, you should also have plenty of sleepers and thin pants and t-shirts. For the first few months though you will really be using mostly onsies!

Chrissy9479
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I have about 10 onesies right now, but then I thought you know its cold sometimes in Jan! so I thought about buying long sleeve onesies but have been unsuccessful in finding any lol, maybe when it starts getting a little cooler they will come out.

sdohara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I live in GA and I am due January 15th.  I have bought a lot of sets that have the onsie, pants and a lil jacket.  Since it is summer right now, I have found a lot of sets like this on clearance.

Avetay
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:54 AM

I live in South Louisiana and my little peanut is due in Feb. I know it can be 70 one day 30 the next and 80 the day after so I'll be paying attention to this post to see what I should buy. I know going to the hospital I'm gong to bring 2 or 3 different onesies and a warm blanket so I will be covered going home from the hospital. other than that I'm just going to see what I get from friends and showers and go from there. Good Luck! 

~Ave'~ TTC #1 for 2+ years. MC May 3, 09 -- BFP June 2009
EDD:Feb 19,10!!!

in lovepregnant bellyexpecting baby

Lilypie

prego7386
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM

well im from south GA so i know all about that lol i get him pants and reg onesies and then some nice jackets and track suites...that way you can layer.

FranksHoney
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:57 AM

Oh where??? I need to find stuff like that, and I love clearance lol.

Quoting sdohara:

I live in GA and I am due January 15th.  I have bought a lot of sets that have the onsie, pants and a lil jacket.  Since it is summer right now, I have found a lot of sets like this on clearance.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie
Chrissy9479
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

I did find a really cute like track suit which i thought was totally adorable cause its tiny lol, and it was a jacket with a little hoodie and pants for like $10 at walmart I think. I wish I had a mall close by that I could go scope out the winter clearance stuff!!

sdohara
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Quoting FranksHoney:

Oh where??? I need to find stuff like that, and I love clearance lol.

Quoting sdohara:

TJ maxx and Marshalls had the best deals! 

robin1725
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I live in Florida too and am due in November. I am buying mostly sleepers for 0-3 (November-January) months....although I have bought quite a few onesies, sweaters, tshirts, long sleeves and pants for those first few months. I also have a couple long sleeves and sweaters for 3-6 (February-April) but for this time frame it's mostly summer clothes. Once March rolls around, it's hot pretty much all of the time...except when it rains....which then we have a couple of jackets and sweaters to keep her warm. I would have a few warm outfits for your little guy and lots of warm sleepers....so much more comfortable for them when they are newborns.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)