Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hiccups!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM
  • 6 Replies

What is with babies having the hiccups in the womb?  It is the most awkward feeling EVER, and it tends to get annoying.  My baby has had them the past couple of days, and today it has happened twice so far, and it's not even 2pm!  I am assuming this is rather normal, considering I know a lot of other girls who have experienced this as well, I was just wondering if anyone knew why it happened?!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dbp00
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:25 PM

From what I remeber reading about hiccups is that it is a very very good thing beacuse it is your baby learning to breathe.  It also said some babies get them and some don't. I'm just about 30 weeks and have only felt them a couple times, it took me a littel bit to figure out if it was the baby moving or hiccups (my first child).

good luck!

TigerBaby69
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:27 PM

I heard from the ultrasound tech that its because they practice breathing and the hiccups are a good sign because it helps their lungs mature. This one gets them about 2-3 times a day as well. As weird as it feels, it is an assuring feeling for me.

babies
babies
AimeeK8
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Thank God!  I'm glad it's a good thing... now I just have to deal with it the next couple of weeks!!!  haha, it really is the most awkward feeling I have ever felt in my entire life!  Thank you :)

Mommy-Nette19
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:18 PM

My baby gets the hiccups all the time., it is so annoying, well until now, cause I didnt know that it helps them learn to breathe, so it is reassuring!! Especially,  given the fact that my doctor says that baby is a little on the small side.

Mamagirlz
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 11:57 AM

My baby has had hiccups here and there.  I hate when she has them though.  For some reason they make me not feel right.  Almost kinda sick feeling.  It's hard to explain.  I don't know why or what it is.  Never had that with my other 2.  My last pregnancy my baby hiccuped ALL the time.  It didn't bother me that much.  I'm glad it's good for them. 

Bmomma2
by on Aug. 29, 2009 at 4:56 PM

the diaphragm nerves are developing and practicing for breathing.  babies get the hiccups often!!

pregnancy due date
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)