Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NEED ADVICE

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so i dont know if you guys remember me saying i was bleeding like 3 weeks ago... Well i have went to the Doc every week since the bleeding started and i have got two ultrasound. In both the baby looked great! Growing and moving around like crazy. The doc. said there is NOTHING he can do about the bleeding and when i get to be about 24 weeks he will start montering me closer and give me staroid shots incase we need to take the baby way early. He said he doesnt know where the bleeding is comming from. Ladys ITS LIKE IM on my period!!! I mean RED RED RED blood and i have to wear a pad alllll the time. I have really small clots at times.
I am freaked out because WHY would i be bleeding like this if there is nothing wrong??? My hubby and i havent had sex since the bleeding started. so i know its not that. (by the way god i need some sex!!!! lol) I feel the baby moving but it still freaks me out that i might lose it!
Should i go get a second opinion to why im bleeding since it seems like my doc says he cant do anything because he doesnt know where its comming from??? My doc is a REALLLY awesome doc. I had him with my daughter and i love him BUT i feel like im getting NO answers :(
Thanks for listening ...

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jendawn1
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:54 PM

If you feel liek your doctor isnt giving you any answers then yes get another opinion,

Takeya8
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:55 PM

that sound scary! Well I no a lot of women that have there period the whole time there pregnant! But Ur saying you've been bleeding for three weeks straight so idk, if i was you I would get a second opinion just to be on the safe side! Good Luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Mena929
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:04 PM

That seems so strange that he doesn't know where it is coming from, have they suggested it could be a subchorionic hemorrhage? I had one with my 2nd pregnancy, however, it didn't last long. I would want a second opinion, not necessarily to replace your current doctor, sometimes 2 heads are better than 1..... Good Luck to you.

Baby_Aidans_Mom
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:11 PM

A friend of mine had a scare like that when she was pregnant. She actually started to bleed pretty badly. So they rushed to the Er. They found out that the baby was perfectly healthy and the pregnancy was fine. For what ever reason her uterus was "shedding" blood. It went on for weeks. Like she was having her period for weeks straight. It slowly stopped and she gave birth to a perfectly healthy baby boy.

~ Loving my life as a Mommy and a Wife ~

in love toddler boy

joyvanhalen
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:34 PM

I went thru this exact problem with my first pregnancy.

My first piece of advice is to take deep breaths whenever you start to feel stressed. Stress is one of the worst things for you right now.

With that being said I bled from the beginning of my pregnancy all the way up til my seventh month. I was told that the bleeding was coming from my cervix, but was not harmful to the baby. After a very scary ER visit I ended up having my cervix cauterized. And OMG. That hurt like a biotch lol. Anyways...I  was basically on bed rest at about six months, but I had to get an u/s every month to make sure the baby was okay. I did have complications during birth, and that ended in a c-section. Long story short my baby was born healthy, but I had some issues. If you want to know my whole story please feel free to PM me....I wish I would have known then what I do now. 

Tygermommanikki
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Good Luck hun and try to relieve your stress as much as you can. i found out about my first son at 17weeks because the previous 4 mos i would think i was pg take a test then have bleeding like a period. So my hopes would be dashed. I went to my hd and the test finally said positive and they told me i was 4-6 weeks then 2 weeks later my dr done a ultrasound to date the pregnancy cause he "felt " i was further and i was by over 10 weeks.....!!!

Here's my first ultrasound pic.. I was scared with all the bleeding I had had that something would be wrong but my son is a happy healthy 9 year old now. I hope you have a similar success story.

Then

Now

Best wushes hun

Lilypie Kids birthday TickerLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)