Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

major cramping and back pain sooo nervous!!!help?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM
  • 3 Replies

well I am about 33 and1/2 weeks and lately I've been feeling some slight cramping not BH these are more like period cramps. this morning around 6am they woke me up from sleep coupled with very painful lower back pain. I called my ob around 11am and they had me go to labor and delivery just in case it's pre term labor. they told me my cervix was closed and sent me home yet I'm still having cramping and i'm so nervous because it's so soon before my due date and it's my first baby so I'm a little more anxious than I probably would be. they told me if I feel 6 or more conractions an hour to come back to triage or if I continue feeling cramping. the thing is I still feel cramping so I don't know when I would have to go back. Has anyone ever experienced this before? I know every pregnancy is different but just getting any advice would be great thanks!

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 2:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamad122
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM

I would think that if it's bad enough it woke you up that you need medical attention ASAP! I know that a little cramping can be normal and back pain certainly is BUT they have always told me that if it's severe cramping to get in ASAP. I would call back and at least ask- maybe even go to the ER. Good luck hun. And FYI- if your baby is born at this point it does have a GREAT chance of survival!! So, just relax :) *HUGS*

Pregnancy Ticker 

in love    toddler girl  expecting baby
 Jeremy & Nicole      Shae        Thane OR Joslin
       7-14-07          7-13-08
          12-21-09

logunsmommy
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Make sure you are eating and drinking TONS of water. Lay on you left side for awhile.  I would say if after 3 hours or so, you are still feeling it, I would go back in.  Just to be checked again... hope all is well!

eskimokissesXO
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 5:12 PM

The same thing happened with me during my last pregnancy. My doctor told me exactly what logunsmommy wrote. Sometimes you're just getting a little stressed or dehydrated. I wasn't dehydrated but stressed and it really did help to just relax and lie down. Try calling the nurses line at your OB's office and asking their advice. They were always helpful with my false alarms. Good luck!

Quoting logunsmommy:

Make sure you are eating and drinking TONS of water. Lay on you left side for awhile.  I would say if after 3 hours or so, you are still feeling it, I would go back in.  Just to be checked again... hope all is well!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)